News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

Outdoor Expo 2-29-20

Started by topper, December 22, 2019, 08:36:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

topper

We're having a second Outdoor Expo 2-29-20

Last year was a success and we are expecting another great year.

Appleseed has been invited back to set up a table in the vendor area (new location this year) and present Liberty Seeds through the day.

Would Appleseed like to donate shoot tickets for the door prizes? Were last years tickets redeemed?

Here is a link to last years thread.

[size=78%]https://appleseedinfo.org/smf/index.php?topic=55207.0[/size]

Thanks

topper

I will set up a table but need to borrow material for display.

Anyone want to be put in the schedule for the hourly 45 minute segments? Start time is 9:00 AM and the last session is 2:00 PM.

Other topics for the day:
-Outdoor cooking
-Fishing
-Taxidermy
-Firearm related topics IMC / Sight picture etc would fit here
-Outdoor survival

Free lunch and entry into the door prize drawings is included as a presenter

Thanks

Charles McKinley

Last evening, it occurred to me that when a defender of Liberty is called home, their load lands upon the shoulders of the defenders left behind. Just as the Founders did their duty for Liberty, every subsequent generation must continue their work lest Liberty perish. As there is no way for the remaining adults to take on the work of those that die, we must pass the ideals and duties on to the children. -PHenery

little buddy

Delta, Ohio
Click on the link from last year there is plenty of information.

Little buddy

Corvette

Topper,

I am not sure but I don't recall anyone redeeming the gift certs I did last year.  Check with Charley and littlebuddy to see if they remember anybody coming.  The way they worked, the winners were to contact me and I would book them for the shoot of their choice. Don't remember doing that but that doesn't mean I didn't. 

Corvette
Be bold, brave and forthright and the bold, the brave and the forthright will gather around you!

Charles McKinley

That is why I like s separate auction or raffle for tickets as people that are actually interested in coming to an Appleseed get them.

Just my 2 cents.
Last evening, it occurred to me that when a defender of Liberty is called home, their load lands upon the shoulders of the defenders left behind. Just as the Founders did their duty for Liberty, every subsequent generation must continue their work lest Liberty perish. As there is no way for the remaining adults to take on the work of those that die, we must pass the ideals and duties on to the children. -PHenery

topper

Corvette,

I remember there being specific instructions included with the certificates. I don't know who won the certificates and was not able to follow up with the winners.

Certificates could be awarded during the Libertyseeds or from the vendor table instead of the general door prize drawings. If someone attended a Libertyseed or stopped by the table they could be in a separate drawing. That would remove much of the randomness of the door prizes and present them to folks that have shown interest.

Below is a facebook link to this years event with some photos and videos from last year.

https://www.facebook.com/ShilohCUOutdoorExpo/?eid=ARC0Zi4YPLE0c96lqJ4Ks9fqcQ3SdzsdZNkb2aIZCeiXsv4c_lBOn0ApPWd-vkZPwf83XA9RHGkVXcle

The tentative seminar schedule has been posted there as well.

topper

I have display materials for the vendor table and will get that set up. I'll be able to man it off and on through the day.

There will be a youth 10/22/scope package door prize. I'd like to include an Appleseed shoot certificate in that package.

For the rest of the certificates I'll put a fishbowl/box on the vendor table. I'll make up a form to be filled out and dropped into the bowl to be drawn. This will help in directing certificates to folks that actually enter the Appleseed drawing.

Corvette, if you will mail certificates to me I'll take care of the rest.

Thanks, Topper

Charley

Topper,

Apologies for the late reply. I'm able to attend the expo most of the day. Looks like it runs 9-5 so I'm happy to man the table for a good chunk of the day. I'd like to leave around 3 or 4 but we can see how things are going. Let me know if there's anything you need me to bring.

Charley

topper

That's great, thank you much.

Corvette

Shane,

I am sending you two certificates tomorrow morning for a free shoot in Ohio in 2020 for the Outdoor Expo along with instructions on how to redeem them.  You should have them by Wed.

Let me know if you have any questions.

Corvette 
Be bold, brave and forthright and the bold, the brave and the forthright will gather around you!

topper

Cadence

Topper,
I can help out at the expo. Let me know the address.
"A general dissolution of principles and manners will more surely overthrow the liberties of America than the
whole force of the common enemy. While the people are virtuous they cannot be subdued; but when once they
lose their virtue then will be ready to surrender their liberties to the first external or internal invader."
~ Samuel Adams

topper

Cadence, glad to have you.

Address is:

2100 County Road 5
Delta, Ohio 43515

See you Saturday

topper

Corvette, shoot certificates came today.

Snail mail came through but had me wondering. O0

topper

Cadence and Charley thank you for helping today. It was a really good event for everyone. Thank you for coming.

topper

I have email addresses of people who asked to be added to the Appleseed newsletter.

Were do I send them?

Cadence

Nice event to 7th step.

Approximately 300 attendees with a lot of interest in the Appleseed program. Handed out some free targets and raffled off a couple of T-shirts and a couple of shoot certificates.

Thanks to to Topper for organizing and Charley for helping to staff the table.
"A general dissolution of principles and manners will more surely overthrow the liberties of America than the
whole force of the common enemy. While the people are virtuous they cannot be subdued; but when once they
lose their virtue then will be ready to surrender their liberties to the first external or internal invader."
~ Samuel Adams