News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

The End of Appleseed in Virginia? A Call to Action!

Started by The Wolfhound, December 20, 2019, 01:52:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Thaddeus

So ... it looks like a bunch of Appleseeders are heeding the call to action.

A couple questions directed to the VA instructors - now what? How should we identify ourselves as Appleseeders? Instructor sweatshirts? Gather around an Appleseed flag on a flagpole?

If we want to get critical mass as an Appleseed group - where and when should we gather? My suspicion is that most of us will be there late morning at best, and since many will be out-of-staters, what's the best way to have an impact? I don't imagine that impact will be by out-of-state supporters meeting with individual VA representatives, as they will likely not respond to non-VA residents.

Thoughts? Maximum Ordinate posted some ideas on Dec 23, but let's start to firm them up so we can get critical mass.

Hasty Sling

This was posted on this forum by Henry Foxall on 12-26-2019:

"As for specifics for the event, we will begin forming groups at 08:00 at or around 10th and Bank Streets.  These groups will enter the General Assembly Building and visit with assigned Senators and Delegates, leaving packets detailing all the gun bills filed to date and what our position is on them.  We encourage people to stop by their own Representatives offices as well.

At 11:00 to Noon we will hold a rally on the Capital steps.  Afterwards, many people meet at local restaurants for lunch before either heading back to the GA Building to sit in on committee meetings or heading home."

Just thought it would help.

Guntuckian

Quote from: BrotherPilot on December 21, 2019, 09:07:06 AM
Quote from: bob 210 on December 21, 2019, 12:15:23 AM
If folks from California wanted to come to Virginia in support, which airport would we fly into and how far is it to the protest location?
Richmond airport is the closest, and it's about 20-30 minutes drive from downtown depending on traffic.  Might be less expensive to fly into Dulles (IAD) which is about a 2 hour drive away.

FYI, I drove from Alexandria, VA to Richmond, VA today via I-95. It was a 3 hour drive.  Bumper to bumper traffic.  For 85 miles.  I drove in the opposite direction last Monday.  It was a 2.5 hour drive, in bumper to bumper traffic, then.  The Richmond airport would be a better choice.
--------------------------------------------------
1st Appleseed:           04/20/2013 - Palm Bay, FL
Rifleman:                   02/01/2014 - Palm Bay, FL
Cleared 1st Redcoat:   02/02/2014 - Palm Bay, FL
1st KD:  Palm Bay 8/14
1st IBC:  Dunnellon 4/15
Palm Bay 4/17 KD Rifleman
Palm Bay 10/20 Rimfire KD Rifleman
NRA Certified (Rifle and Pistol Instructor, RSO)

O.___.                            
  )V        O.___.                    
  /%       ( V       ,____    O.___.
/  %      o/L         ,___--- V

StevenK

StevenK

BillP_556

IAD to Richmond is a 2-hour drive on 1/20 as its a federal & school holiday.  I think the VCDL busses are leaving fairfax at 6am, to arrive at Richmond around 8am.
Respectfully,

BillP_556

Thaddeus

wbrenner

The public parking map will be most helpful! Thank you!

Cmdr of Flying Saucer X-2

While Virginia HB 567 isn't targeting outdoor ranges, with it shutting down all non gov't owned indoor ranges, once the foot is in the door.....

https://www.lawenforcementtoday.com/breaking-virginia-vows-to-shut-down-all-gun-ranges-not-owned-by-the-state/

QuoteThey want to shut down every gun range in the state that isn't owned by the government.

According to House Bill 567, any indoor shooting range would be prohibited by law - UNLESS it was inside of a building owned by the state.

And any business owners who decided to defy the law could be facing up to a $100,000 fine and potential civil penalties.
When your government tells you who the enemy is, that is war.

When you figure it out for yourself, that is revolution.

hogfamily

My family is displaying our support for our Brother & Sister Patriots in VA.

Anchorage Suburbanites, part time Willowbillies, Appleseeds, and Weekend Warrior Turquoise Miners.

"Move that fat ass Henry!"
"Don't swing your balls or you'll swamp the boat!"

Monkey

Quote from: hogfamily on January 07, 2020, 10:09:50 PM

My family is displaying our support for our Brother & Sister Patriots in VA.

On behalf of my brothers and sisters in the Commonwealth, my deepest thanks and gratitude for you and your family's support.
"5 minutes for this stage - that's like a week in people years!"

"Responsibility is a unique concept... You may share it with others, but your portion is not diminished. You may delegate it, but it is still with you... If responsibility is rightfully yours, no evasion, or ignorance or passing the blame can shift the burden to someone else. Unless you can point your finger at the man who is responsible when something goes wrong, then you have never had anyone really responsible."
― Hyman G. Rickover

"Scoring is a function of great execution, and winning Is the result, but thinking about winning can pull your focus off of proper execution in a competition. Thinking about process is the answer."- Lanny Bassham

BrotherPilot

SB 353 could indeed be the end of Appleseed in VA.  :(   :wb: 

It basically prohibits all outdoor ranges within 500 yards of a residential zone.  This one needs to be defeated resoundingly.
Jay
VA State Coordinator
"It does not take a majority to prevail ... but rather an irate, tireless minority, keen on setting brushfires of freedom in the minds of men."  ―Samuel Adams

CountZero

I heard about the bill regarding indoor and outdoor ranges. When you think it can't get any worse it still does. I saw NRA is going to show up on 1/13 monday for the first hearing of these bills then the monday after will be the big show. I'm glad they are separate, can see the difference between the organization and true grass roots.

Good luck to us

Monkey

Quote from: BrotherPilot on January 09, 2020, 09:24:44 AM
SB 353 could indeed be the end of Appleseed in VA.  :(   :wb: 

It basically prohibits all outdoor ranges within 500 yards of a residential zone.  This one needs to be defeated resoundingly.

Some of the ranges that we frequent fall into this category, but not all.

#IAO

"Responsibility is a unique concept... You may share it with others, but your portion is not diminished. You may delegate it, but it is still with you... If responsibility is rightfully yours, no evasion, or ignorance or passing the blame can shift the burden to someone else. Unless you can point your finger at the man who is responsible when something goes wrong, then you have never had anyone really responsible."
― Hyman G. Rickover

"Scoring is a function of great execution, and winning Is the result, but thinking about winning can pull your focus off of proper execution in a competition. Thinking about process is the answer."- Lanny Bassham

The Wolfhound

HB 567 takes a direct shot at The Range at NRA Headquarters.  The Delegate from Fairfax  (where the headquarters is) is the poisonous spawn proposing it.

BillP_556

We are winning against the onslaught of proposals to deprive liberty.  See the 2020 update from the Governor, he highlighted what he was interested in signing.  However, we still have much work to do to get him to veto ALL gun control bills.  I'm calling him every day, are you?
Respectfully,

BillP_556

tionico

For those who are too far west to make it to Virginia there is a very similar event here in Washington State. 20th January, Monday next, is also lobby day at the Capitol in Olympia. Our own state ""owners" have a gaggle of very ugly new gun control laws they plan on trotting out on that day. Much the same rhetoric, and funding. Many of the same nasty anti-gun and freedom bills. We also have a nasty AtG and governor who are activley pressing these bad laws.

The Senate Hearaing Room in the Cherbourg building, 304 15th Ave SW starting at ten AM

We here inWashington also have a dynamic duo bent upon disarming is, our governor and attorney general seem to be near carbon copies of the pair in Virginia. Exept that our Governor has not been so vocal and in your face as have Virginia's Gov and AtG. Same list of bad gun bills, and we lost the Senate to the Dees in November so tney think they have a walk in the park.
Anyone available
They will be trying to impose a bunch of restrictioins and hoops for getting our Mother May Cards to carry handguns concealed, and they also want to impose a magazine capacity limit.

BeeFree

Michigan has arrived in Virginia!  I'll be looking for you all tomorrow!  Be Safe!  And BE LOUD!

BeeFree :F :F :F :F
Make Orwell Fiction Again!

StevenK

Thanks to all who arrived and made it a success - the bills were voted down as I understand it.

Monkey

Quote from: StevenK on February 18, 2020, 06:00:29 PM
Thanks to all who arrived and made it a success - the bills were voted down as I understand it.

The nastiest one was tabled the other day.

There are plenty others that are bad for liberty - the next wolf closest to the sled would essentially eliminate state pre-emption for gun legislation.

Thanks for coming down last month.  Your presence made a difference.

― Hyman G. Rickover

StevenK

EZ3

Quote from: StevenK on March 01, 2020, 09:12:20 PM
June 8 PA.  I think philly but check

You mean the annual 2A rally?  Harrisburg at the Capitol.  We'll be outside this year due to the Governor being intimidated by the crowd that showed up last year.  ^-^
"You can't teach Liberty by practicing tyranny." -  Mr. Happy

PartyHardyMarty

Hoping to get an update of what y'all have been involved with since jan. 20th?

This weekend we have rifle training and qualifiers for Campbell County at VIR.

Also on the radar is a 1A rally/revival-prayer meeting in downtown Lynchburg that should be a good display of civil disobedience.

Keep it up patriots!