News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

Temple TX - KD Range

Started by scuzzy, October 15, 2019, 08:00:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

scuzzy

Yeehah!!

We broke ground on Wednesday for a new KD range in Eddy, TX - a very small town just 10 miles north of Temple. About 20 miles south of Waco.

Saw some pics of the work done so far this weekend at the WTF run n' gun. Looking good.

Our first event will be instructor only to work out any kinks. Maybe we can get a work day out of all you guys? Maybe like work Saturday and shoot Sunday.

Camping will be allowed.

An Armed Society is a polite society. Heinlein.

BillJac

You aren't pro 2A if you only want guns for people who look and think like you.

scuzzy

Excavation done.

Still lots of other things to do though.

A-lister

We in America do not have government by the majority-we have government by the majority who participate......All tyranny needs to gain a foothold is for people of good conscience to remain silent.
Thomas Jefferson

SafetyManTX

Looks like we have not been posting any pictures of the progress on the range. One photo from yesterday.
KD Rifleman 12/5/2020 Temple (Eddy), TX
KD Requalified 05/14/2023 Eddy, TX
Morgan's Shingle 05/30/2021 - Brass Valley KD @ Eddy, TX

Monkey

Quote from: SafetyManTX on March 01, 2020, 07:54:19 AM
Looks like we have not been posting any pictures of the progress on the range. One photo from yesterday.

Arguably one of the most important elements of the project... ;D

Keep up the great work!
"5 minutes for this stage - that's like a week in people years!"

"Responsibility is a unique concept... You may share it with others, but your portion is not diminished. You may delegate it, but it is still with you... If responsibility is rightfully yours, no evasion, or ignorance or passing the blame can shift the burden to someone else. Unless you can point your finger at the man who is responsible when something goes wrong, then you have never had anyone really responsible."
― Hyman G. Rickover

"Scoring is a function of great execution, and winning Is the result, but thinking about winning can pull your focus off of proper execution in a competition. Thinking about process is the answer."- Lanny Bassham

NJrefugee

Looks like that thing needs some vent holes. Can we reenact the outhouse scene from Young Guns at the upcoming KD weekend?  Maybe without a bounty hunter inside...

Sir Not Appearing In This Film

I was going to travel tonight but I still have some preps after work.

I'll leave Houston early, early tomorrow AM and camp Saturday.

Hopefully the minivan of the apocalypse will make it over the entrance road. If not, nice knowing y'all.  ;)

Nice work on the outhouse. Michael would be proud.

I hear Harvest Gold is making a comeback.
Ladyseed Man Slave

"In any moment of decision, the best thing you can do is the right thing, the next best thing is the wrong thing, and the worst thing you can do is nothing." - Theodore Roosevelt

Attitudes are contagious. I hope mine is worth catching.

scuzzy

I'd planned on getting out today except my truck broke down yesterday. Mechanic said it'll be ready today sometimes but don't know when. So I'm just going to get out there Sat morning.

Here's a link to a map in case anybody hasn't already got it:

https://www.google.com/maps/place/131+Prairie+807,+Eddy,+TX+76524/@31.265002,-97.2453586,17z/data=!3m1!4b1!4m5!3m4!1s0x86457abfd01ebfcd:0x1677b88eb310dc82!8m2!3d31.265002!4d-97.2431646

paul.rome

It looks like the outhouse has been completed.  Are there other tasks that need to be completed - more range work?  If not, what should our estimated ETA at the range be?

Thanks,

Paul