News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

Chugiak Alaska Nov 09

Started by FourFans, November 16, 2019, 12:42:35 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

FourFans

The Winterseed that wasn't.

I'm sorry it didn't s*ck enough.
The conditions were borderline miserable, just not bad enough to call it a Winterseed. No precip, zero wind and 35F doesn't count; certainly not by Alaska standards.
But I think everyone had a reasonable amount of fun and learned. Plus we picked up 3 new shooters who are sold on coming back in the Spring.
On an awesome note: we picked up AK Rifleman # 167 Jaclyn B.
I was worried about Jaclyn in October. She showed up with a rifle that was capable, but she had made the decision to take off her optics and trust her irons. This became problematic. She left both days in Oct so frustrated that she didn't stay until closing. A definite concern to the Shoot Boss(s). I was dSB for Taka222's SBiT3 in Oct. Jaclyn was heavy on my mind.
She showed up in the cold dark November morning on a mission. A pleasure to work with, and WHAM,, Rifleman.
Smiles all around and a commitment from all to stay the course. Win/Win
A great way wrap up 2019 and the prospects for a healthy 2020 are all there. Gotta love this thing we do.

--FourFans
"should something happen,,tell the children of this night".
   --credited to Capt Parker, April 18th '75

22 A DAY

hogfamily

Anchorage Suburbanites, part time Willowbillies, Appleseeds, and Weekend Warrior Turquoise Miners.

"Move that fat ass Henry!"
"Don't swing your balls or you'll swamp the boat!"

FourFans

Figures,, exactly one week later.... textbook Winterseed conditions.
  --FF
"should something happen,,tell the children of this night".
   --credited to Capt Parker, April 18th '75

22 A DAY

fisherdawg

It was the ‘Seed of long shadows! Neat photos & Huzzahs for Jaclyn.🤗
If men were angels, no government would be necessary. If angels were to govern men, neither external nor internal controls on government would be necessary. (James Madison)

"Young man, what we meant in going for those Redcoats was this: we always had governed ourselves and we always meant to. They didn't mean we should."
(Captain Levi Preston, of the Danvers militia, at age 91, remembering the day)

That it is an indispensable duty which we owe to God, our country, ourselves and posterity, by all lawful ways and means in our power to maintain, defend and preserve those civil and religious rights and liberties, for which many of our fathers fought, bled and died, and to hand them down entire to future generations.  Suffolk Resolves, September 9, 1774, attributed to Dr. Joseph Warren