News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

South Huntsville, AL AAR - Nov. 2, 2019

Started by Maximum Ordinate, November 11, 2019, 10:53:18 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Maximum Ordinate

What a wonderful event!

Twenty-seven Boy Scouts and 7 adult Scouters joined us on a very chilly Saturday morning to learn about marksmanship and hear about our shared Heritage.   These Scouts were tough.  They camped on the range Friday night in sub-freezing temps, unusual for this time of year in Alabama.

The Scouts did very well all day Saturday.  In fact, they stayed Sunday for Rifle Shooting Merit Badge qualification.  The Troop had a 100% qualification rate!  Good job, guys!

I am so grateful for the border raiders who came to assist with this event:  Ramblin' Wreck, Bluegrass Colonel, Tennessee Beast, and Palousie.  (Hope you guys enjoyed the bbq at my favorite gas station!)

Of course, I would be remiss if I didn't thank Don who owns Hobbs Island Shooting Range.  He bends over backward to accommodate us and his range is first class! 

in Liberty,
MaxOrd
"... the most valuable of all talents, that of never using two words where one will do."
-Thomas Jefferson

We're in the Liberty business.  Stay on Mission - Stay on Message.

Want to be a more effective Instructor?  Visit Appleseed Academy.

Longhair

Outstanding!
Young people with an understanding of our heritage are the key to our sustained future as a nation.
I've read The Second Amendment at least a thousand times, and I have yet to find a caveat!

I'll meet you all at the North Bridge!

Rustygun

Wow! Looks like a great event all the way around

Tennessee Beast

I was honored to work with this group.  I have a feeling we will see several at a two day event.  I took a few pictures. The host was very welcoming.  If you get a chance to visit this range, you will not be disappointed.  Yes, the BBQ at Hobbs Island Pit Stop was good. O0
In giving us dominion over the animal kingdom, God has signified His will that we subdue the beast within ourselves.
John Lancaster Spalding

They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety.
Benjamin Franklin, 1775

"A free people ought not only to be armed, but disciplined; to which end a uniform and well-digested plan is requisite; and their safety and interest require that they should promote such manufactories as tend to render them independent of others for essential, particularly military, supplies."  George Washington 1790

"[T]o preserve liberty, it is essential that the whole body of the people always possess arms, and be taught alike, especially when young, how to use them…"
- Richard Henry Lee, Declaration Signer

Practice every time you get a chance. - Bill Monroe

Roswell

Good job everyone! Looks like a great event.
Known Distance Qualified: Talladega, AL 12-3-16 - 45/50; Distinguished 49/50 - Talladega, AL 12-8-19
Instructor Boot Camp: Toccoa, GA 7-13, 8-15; Pelham, TN 2-14, 2-16; Columbiana, AL 2-15; Canton, GA 2-18, 1-19, 2-20, 2-21, 3-22, 2-23, 1-24
Shoot Boss Boot Camp and Liberty Seminar: Toccoa, GA 8-14 & Canton, GA 1-19

Pistol Instructor Boot Camp: South Huntsville, AL 5-20; Canton, GA 1-21, 2-24
Pistol Qualified: Spencer, TN 4-10-21
Charter Pistol Instructor Boot Camp: Antioch, TN 2-22 & Canton, GA 1-23

Maximum Ordinate

Pictures courtesy of Ramblin' Wreck.

Getting the flags up.

Very foggy.

Booney Stomper... get down from there!

Tennessee Beast in the armory.

GlockMike laughing at... who knows?  He's always happy!

Registration and drawing shooting mats

Shoot Boss IS... SOOOOO... COLD.

Scouts standing by

"... the most valuable of all talents, that of never using two words where one will do."
-Thomas Jefferson

Maximum Ordinate

More pictures... courtesy of ASM, Mr. Andy G.

-Thomas Jefferson