News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

Marana/Tucson, AZ - Nov 9-10, 2019 AAR

Started by Jerry Hall, November 12, 2019, 04:17:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jerry Hall

Greetings Appleseed Nation,
As Debbie is apparently busy at this point in time, I thought that I would start this thread for her so that all of our new Riflemen and Distinguished Riflemen could chime in.
Saturday morning, bright and early the first of the 19 participants for this weekends Project Appleseed's History, Heritage and Marksmanship Clinic began arriving at the Marana Shooting Club.
By 0835 we were all ready for the 0900 Safety briefing. At 0855 the last participant signed in and we were off to the Races... Having not enough Target stands to accommodate the entire crew of shooters we began with 2 relays. After a quick journey through the safety rules and safe rifle, the 1st relay was "quickly" up to the firing line. After the 2nd relay filled out their Red Coats and the scores were recorded we were into the Steady Hold Factors for the Prone position. We "quickly" proceed through a 5 pack of sighter squares, then posted an AQT to use for reference on the sitting/kneeling and standing practice, because the Shoot Box did not arrive in time. We diligently trudged on through the day, ending on a high note. We were able to get to an AQT on the first day and three of our participants achieved the coveted Rifleman Patch. The PM Red Coat showed marked improvement from the AM and everyone headed for home with enthusiasm in their hearts.

Sunday began with putting together enough target backers to accommodate all of our 18 shooters that returned for another day's worth of floggings. Our AM red Coat looked promising with several of the shooters clearing the target. After a few more sighter squares, we were off and running again. Three AQT's before lunch, a fine lunch consisting of whatever you brought, sprinkled with a healthy dose of History and Heritage with Dangerous Old Men and Brave Women. After lunch we were able to accomplish filling out three more AQT's. After having completing our parting Red Coat, cleaned up targets, backers, stands and our brass.
The shooters involved with this event were truly an amazing bunch, yielding 7 (seven) new Riflemen, two (2) of whom we must honor as Distinguished Riflemen!!!  :bow:  :snipersmi  :bow:
Now for the good news, 5 (five) of our new Riflemen stepped up to take on the challenges of the 7th Step, 2 others are thinking about it and another will be joining us as an Applecore Volunteer.
We would also like to thank the Marana Shooting Club for allowing us to make use of their fine facility.  :F

Now for the business end of this post: Directly related to the number of things that Debbie is involved in, I ask for all of the fine folks who accepted orange hats and chose to volunteer with Project Appleseed please PM me your Forum name, so that I may get your promotions started. Thank You.

Lastly I would like to thank everyone who attended this event for making this weekend one to remember!
"till we meet again", Happy Trails,
Jerry

"The significant problems we face today cannot be solved with the same level of thinking that we were at when we created them. Albert Einstein."

"One Nation under God, indivisible, with liberty and justice for all."

Jerry Hall

Hey all you groovy kids that took orange hats this last weekend, this might interest y'all:
https://appleseedinfo.org/smf/index.php?topic=57321.msg373708;topicseen#msg373708
"The significant problems we face today cannot be solved with the same level of thinking that we were at when we created them. Albert Einstein."

"One Nation under God, indivisible, with liberty and justice for all."

Mrs. Smith

Sounds like an awesome weekend!!  Huzzah!

And for new Orange Hats, if Vegas doesn't work for you, we're planning one in El Paso in the spring, as well!   :beer:
"Being powerful is like being a lady. If you have to tell people you are, you aren't." - Margaret Thatcher

You can have peace, or you can have freedom. Don't ever count on having both at once. - Robert A. Heinlein

"A generation which ignores history has no past, and no future." - Lazarus Long

"What we do now echoes in eternity." Marcus Aurelius

Waco 1-17       Waco 1-19     El Paso 7-19       Alamogordo 5-20     Albuquerque 7-21       Houston 8-21 (SBC)    Colorado Springs  2-22 (SBC)    Midland 8-22 (KDIBC)     Albuquerque 2-23      Harvard 5-23      El Paso 12-23 (PIBC)     Phoenix 2-24    El Paso 3-24

TaosGlock

Great job Jerry and crew!  :~
AZ is a great state with some fantastic patriots.
89 fantastic Appleseeds since 2008/24 Libertyseeds!
Adventure Camp Director/Current Lead Rifle Instructor: NRA WC Raton,NM
New Mexico's first Rifleman: Sept. 2008 NRAWC
Their walls are filled with cannonballs, their motto is don't tread on me-Grateful Dead
Liberty is not a cruise ship full of pampered passengers. It is a man of war and we are all crew-Boston T. Party
"Make no mistake, when you cheer for the people of the American Revolution, you are cheering for traitors and criminals.
They broke the law, because liberty is always illegal"- Larken Rose