News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

Instructor only development day in North Florida Saturday December 7th

Started by B.C., November 01, 2019, 04:23:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

B.C.

Greetings all,

It's time to practice what we teach.

Please mark your calendars: We have an instructor only shooting / development day scheduled on Saturday December 7th at the Flagler Gun Club in Bunnell Florida on action bay number 9. This day will be specifically for us all to gather together, fellowship and re-qualify ourselves on the AQT. ALL hat colors are invited to come. Rimfire is allowed tolerated but center fire is most welcome and highly recommended. The Highest AQT score of the day may win a nice prize! There is also steel at 200 available at Flagler as well. The same weekend on Sunday some via invitation only may have the option of attending an off-site private long range day on the 1000 yard range too. Please PM me for the details. There will be a 10.00 per day range fee payable to Flagler for Saturday. The Sunday 1000 yard range fee will be 20.00 per day if you qualify. Targets and a target line will be provided for you all. Please join me if you can. Reach out to me via PM if you have any questions. Get yourselves over to TIPS and please sign up! For those of you who are not members of Flagler, reach out to me after signing up for a gate code to access the facility. I'll need to cap the event at 15 so hurry up and secure your spot on the line!!

Want your name added to the vetted list of Florida staff 1000 yards hits on steel? Let me know. The qualifying target is a 24" gong at 1000, see this link for the list:

https://appleseedinfo.org/smf/index.php?topic=56241.0

Regards,

BC
"Speak softly and carry a big boom stick"
"Fortune favors the bold"

B.C.

Highest AQT score competition prizes acquired! I am looking forward to awarding them to the deserving riflemen or riflewomen who earn them at this upcoming event.

Highest scores will be divided into two winning categories:

Rimfire high score
Center fire high score

The prizes / awards are very, very nice! Anyone of us would greatly appreciate and covet them indeed! I'll keep the identity of the prizes secret for now, only the winners will find out on December 7th!

9mm4545

I am truly bummed that this event is happening on the same day as the Homestead shoot down in S. Florida, a shoot I signed up to instruct many weeks ago. Once again my personal cloning machine fails me! Please, can we do another instructor development day before the winter is gone?
The American Constitution is remarkable for its simplicity; but can only suffice a people habitually correct in their actions, and would be utterly inadequate to the wants of a different nation.  Change the domestic habits of the Americans, their religious devotion, and their high respect for morality, and it will not be necessary to change a single letter in the Constitution in order to vary the whole form of their government. - Francis Grund 1837

B.C.

Quote from: 9mm4545 on November 04, 2019, 12:46:15 PM
I am truly bummed that this event is happening on the same day as the Homestead shoot down in S. Florida, a shoot I signed up to instruct many weeks ago. Once again my personal cloning machine fails me! Please, can we do another instructor development day before the winter is gone?

There will be another instructor development day scheduled at Flagler on the weekend of March 21-22. Same format; AQT high score contest Saturday then Sunday a trip to the 1000 yard range for those who qualify. Keep your eye out for it and get yourself over to TIPS and sign up!

B.C.

Good times!

On Saturday we had two contest winners for the high AQT score award:

The Menace CF high score
Falcon793 RF high score

On Sunday four of us all held two MOA groups on the 1000 yard range on a 24"gong!
Please join us next time.