News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

Ohio Instructor's Christmas Party 2019

Started by Shep, October 29, 2019, 09:17:17 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Shep

On Saturday December 7, 2019, I'll be hosting a Christmas get together for all Ohio Appleseed Instructors, IIT's, Blue hats and their families. This is not a formal Appleseed function in any way, it is just friends getting together for a fun evening.

We'll start around 5:30 P.M., I'll supply the meat (probably turkey), drinks, table service and whatever else I can think of. Please bring along a covered dish, desert of your choice, or anything you'd like to share. Please use this as a planning thread; if you know what dish you'd like to bring please post it so others can plan accordingly.

It will be held at the back of my farm in a building heated with a wood stove, so bring a jacket or sweater just in case you need it.  Limited restroom facilities; just an outhouse.

Please let me know if you're planning to attend, and if you're bringing any guests or family members; I do need an accurate count, especially of children, (include their ages and gender) so I can have a little something for them to open.

Should we have some sort of severe winter weather event, we'll try to arrange another date.

Directions:
We're located at:
14933 Kirkwood Road, Sidney, Ohio 45365
(937) 726-9299 call or text.

From the South- Exit I-75 at Exit #83 (the last Piqua exit). Turn right onto Co. Rd. 25A, North towards Sidney. Follow Co. Rd. 25A for five miles. Turn right (East) onto Kirkwood Rd., go 3/10 of a mile to the first farm on the right. Look for an Appleseed sign at the drive; you'll enter through a gate at the center of my farm (its in the middle of a pasture field) and follow the drive across the stream valley and up to the parking area by the red building with a green roof.

From the North- Exit I-75 at Exit #94 (the first Sidney exit). Turn left onto Co. Rd. 25A, South towards Sidney.  Go on through Sidney (it changes to street names in town, but just follow the road you are on through Sidney)  then follow Co. Rd. 25A for another five miles. Turn left (East) onto Kirkwood Rd., go 3/10 of a mile to the first farm on the right. Look for an Appleseed sign at the drive; you'll enter through a gate at the center of my farm (its in the middle of a pasture field) and follow the drive across the stream valley and up to the parking area by the red building with a green roof.

Shep
"The constitutions of most of our States assert that all power is inherent in the people; that... it is their right and duty to be at all times armed." -Thomas Jefferson

Corvette

Shep,

I will be there and hopefully the "better half" will join me.  See you on the 7th.  December 7th, hummm, I think that the chance of a "snow bomb" just increased.   ;D

Corvette
Be bold, brave and forthright and the bold, the brave and the forthright will gather around you!

little buddy

Shep all three of us will be coming Yankee will be turning 16 in January. I will make my famous cheesy mashed potatoes we will also bring a pie.
We are looking forward to it.

Little buddy

Cadence

"Better Half" and I are planning to attend. Will let ypu know what we are bringing.
"A general dissolution of principles and manners will more surely overthrow the liberties of America than the
whole force of the common enemy. While the people are virtuous they cannot be subdued; but when once they
lose their virtue then will be ready to surrender their liberties to the first external or internal invader."
~ Samuel Adams

Cactus Jack

1st Appleseed  7/17  Carroll
2nd Appleseed 10/17  Newark
3rd Appleseed  7/18  Newark
Cleared Redcoat 7/18 Newark
Rifleman 7/18 (215)  Newark

"Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety."- Benjamin Franklin

HammBone

I will be there. My wife is still a maybe.
1st Appleseed/Cleared Redcoat/Rifleman: 4/20/2013 - Miamisburg, OH
1st Known Distance Rifleman: 11/3/2018 - New Philadelphia, OH
1st Winterseed Rifleman: 1/26/2019 - Liberty Center, OH
Donned the Red Hat: 6/16/2019 - Wilmington, OH

"Beware of an old man in a profession where men usually die young." - Anonymous

"Blessed is the man, who when facing death, thinks only of his front sight." - Jeff Cooper

Coyote217

Jill and I will be there, maybe this year on time.  Not sure what we will bring either 7 layer salad or casserole.  coyote217
"These are the times that try men's souls." Thomas Paine

Hannibal ante portas!

purple_patch

Nalin & I will be there. We'll bring pie! :) Thanks for the invite!

Doc Willi

All tyranny needs to gain a foothold is for people of good conscience to remain silent.
Thomas Jefferson

Chewie 1776

Thanks for the invite!
I plan to attend and bring
My wife,
My six-year-old daughter,
My three-year-old son,
A bacon-pasta salad.

Cadence

We will be bringing a Black Russian cake and bean dip.

Looking forward to seeing everyone.
"A general dissolution of principles and manners will more surely overthrow the liberties of America than the
whole force of the common enemy. While the people are virtuous they cannot be subdued; but when once they
lose their virtue then will be ready to surrender their liberties to the first external or internal invader."
~ Samuel Adams

HammBone

Update: My lovely wife will attend and has promised to make some loaves of homemade herb bread. (It's amazing!)

Looking forward to seeing you all there.
1st Appleseed/Cleared Redcoat/Rifleman: 4/20/2013 - Miamisburg, OH
1st Known Distance Rifleman: 11/3/2018 - New Philadelphia, OH
1st Winterseed Rifleman: 1/26/2019 - Liberty Center, OH
Donned the Red Hat: 6/16/2019 - Wilmington, OH

"Beware of an old man in a profession where men usually die young." - Anonymous

"Blessed is the man, who when facing death, thinks only of his front sight." - Jeff Cooper

Corvette

Shep,

Me and the wife will both be there. Bringing Madrin Almond salad and some Lindor chocolates.

Corvette

Be bold, brave and forthright and the bold, the brave and the forthright will gather around you!

Cactus Jack

Shep,

I just wanted to thank you for hosting such a wonderful Christmas party and let you know how much I appreciate all that you do for Appleseed.

We had a great time and am already looking forward to next year.

Thanks again.
Cactus Jack
1st Appleseed  7/17  Carroll
2nd Appleseed 10/17  Newark
3rd Appleseed  7/18  Newark
Cleared Redcoat 7/18 Newark
Rifleman 7/18 (215)  Newark

"Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety."- Benjamin Franklin