News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

Medical Training Aug 26 2022 Rivanna

Started by OddsREven, August 01, 2022, 11:11:43 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

OddsREven

I will be conducting some trauma care training on August 26th (Friday) before the IBC in Charlottesville.  The class is limited in size and I have a list of RRPC instructors who are also interested.  I will be giving dibs to AS folks and filling the roster with RRPC folks so I need a headcount from AS instructors/AC members who can commit to the day.  The class is limited to 16 people.  The cost is $30.00/person to cover my expenses for supplies and CPR cards.  I am working on a discount on products with GetEmergencyReady organization for folks who have been in the class. The class will include:

AHA CPR/AED (certificate issued)
Stop the Bleed course (certificate issued)
Oral pharyngeal airways
Nasal pharyngeal airways
Decompression of tension pneumothorax
Epi-pen use
Incorporating a medical plan in AS events

Many places charge hundreds of $$$ for this training. I am doing it for our folks for my costs.  We will start at 08:30 am Friday and run till 17:00 same day. You will need to bring you own lunch.  Snacks and drinks available at the clubhouse for a small charge (honor system).

Please contact me with questions you may have. My email is oddsrevenva@gmail.com and my phone number is 804-852-8053. 

Kim Smalley