News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

Relocated IIT

Started by mr6actual, July 26, 2019, 02:26:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mr6actual

Good afternoon everyone,
I wanted to reach out to the Arizona Instructor Corps to say hello and to introduce myself. As the forum will note, my name is Mr6actual and I have been progressing through the ranks as an IIT in Virginia. I have enjoyed my AS experience immensely as both a participant and IIT and even as a 7th stepper.  The reason for the post is that my company has asked me to relocate to  and manage their Scottsdale, AZ office. I am hoping to continue my Appleseed passion with you. I am very much looking forward to completing my training... (Star Wars fans will get that reference)… My official AZ residency will begin 9 Sept of this year.
I look forward to meeting you all at an event soon.

"For all your days prepare and meet them ever alike. When you are the anvil, bear, when you are the hammer, strike! (Edwin Markham) 
"To preserve liberty, it is essential that the whole body of people always possess arms, and be taught alike especially when young, how to use them." Richard Henry Lee 1788

Monkey

Quote from: mr6actual on July 26, 2019, 02:26:16 PM
Good afternoon everyone,
I wanted to reach out to the Arizona Instructor Corps to say hello and to introduce myself. As the forum will note, my name is Mr6actual and I have been progressing through the ranks as an IIT in Virginia. I have enjoyed my AS experience immensely as both a participant and IIT and even as a 7th stepper.  The reason for the post is that my company has asked me to relocate to  and manage their Scottsdale, AZ office. I am hoping to continue my Appleseed passion with you. I am very much looking forward to completing my training... (Star Wars fans will get that reference)… My official AZ residency will begin 9 Sept of this year.
I look forward to meeting you all at an event soon.

Y'all are getting a good deal here.  We're gonna miss him.
"5 minutes for this stage - that's like a week in people years!"

"Responsibility is a unique concept... You may share it with others, but your portion is not diminished. You may delegate it, but it is still with you... If responsibility is rightfully yours, no evasion, or ignorance or passing the blame can shift the burden to someone else. Unless you can point your finger at the man who is responsible when something goes wrong, then you have never had anyone really responsible."
― Hyman G. Rickover

"Scoring is a function of great execution, and winning Is the result, but thinking about winning can pull your focus off of proper execution in a competition. Thinking about process is the answer."- Lanny Bassham

Mercedes

The Arizona cadre is a very active group and you'll find several events within reasonable driving distances.  Tumbleweed and I will also be relocating to Kingman, AZ (in the far NW corner) within the next year or so. 

Debbie

Mark P

I'm not instructor staff but welcome to Free America!

azmule

Welcome!  Although I moved out of Arizona a few months ago, I'll likely be stopping back in on occasion, we may cross paths at some point.  Arizona is a Rifleman's paradise indeed.  It's easy to forget how much so until you go pretty much anywhere else.
Talk is cheap because the supply exceeds the demand.

Do or do not - there is no "try."'  -Yoda

Mrs. Smith

Welcome to the desert, my friend!  I make the trek to Scottsdale once or twice a year. It's only a 6 hour drive to El Paso.  We're having a KD in October.  Hint. Nudge. Hint.  (and October in the desert is FANTASTIC!)
"Being powerful is like being a lady. If you have to tell people you are, you aren't." - Margaret Thatcher

You can have peace, or you can have freedom. Don't ever count on having both at once. - Robert A. Heinlein

"A generation which ignores history has no past, and no future." - Lazarus Long

"What we do now echoes in eternity." Marcus Aurelius

Waco 1-17       Waco 1-19     El Paso 7-19       Alamogordo 5-20     Albuquerque 7-21       Houston 8-21 (SBC)    Colorado Springs  2-22 (SBC)    Midland 8-22 (KDIBC)     Albuquerque 2-23      Harvard 5-23      El Paso 12-23 (PIBC)     Phoenix 2-24    El Paso 3-24

HNHArmory

The AZ cadre is happy to have you!  Did your relocation to AZ go smoothly?

I'm going to send you a PM and exchange some contact info with you.  I'm Shoot Boss for a shoot in Kingman Nov 16-17 that would be a good introduction to AZ Appleseed.  Consider joining us.

-Nick
"...why are there 30 caliber holes in my target, Bryan?"

mr6actual

Smoothly?? Definitely not, but... Riflemen Persist!  Glad for the opportunity to continue with this great program.
"For all your days prepare and meet them ever alike. When you are the anvil, bear, when you are the hammer, strike! (Edwin Markham) 
"To preserve liberty, it is essential that the whole body of people always possess arms, and be taught alike especially when young, how to use them." Richard Henry Lee 1788

Mrs. Smith

There is also a shoot in Marana Nov 9-10 that you might consider  :)
"Being powerful is like being a lady. If you have to tell people you are, you aren't." - Margaret Thatcher

You can have peace, or you can have freedom. Don't ever count on having both at once. - Robert A. Heinlein

Waco 1-17       Waco 1-19     El Paso 7-19       Alamogordo 5-20     Albuquerque 7-21       Houston 8-21 (SBC)    Colorado Springs  2-22 (SBC)    Midland 8-22 (KDIBC)     Albuquerque 2-23      Harvard 5-23      El Paso 12-23 (PIBC)     Phoenix 2-24    El Paso 3-24

Monkey

Quote from: mr6actual on October 21, 2019, 02:57:54 PM
Smoothly?? Definitely not, but... Riflemen Persist!  Glad for the opportunity to continue with this great program.

Glad you're still here, brother.
"5 minutes for this stage - that's like a week in people years!"

"Responsibility is a unique concept... You may share it with others, but your portion is not diminished. You may delegate it, but it is still with you... If responsibility is rightfully yours, no evasion, or ignorance or passing the blame can shift the burden to someone else. Unless you can point your finger at the man who is responsible when something goes wrong, then you have never had anyone really responsible."
― Hyman G. Rickover

"Scoring is a function of great execution, and winning Is the result, but thinking about winning can pull your focus off of proper execution in a competition. Thinking about process is the answer."- Lanny Bassham

mr6actual

Quote from: Mrs. Smith on October 21, 2019, 03:29:18 PM

Ugh, unfortunately, I will be in the Peoples Republic of Kalifornia that weekend.  I'm hoping I don't any of it on me while I'm there.

Mrs. Smith

Quote from: mr6actual on November 06, 2019, 11:34:49 AM
Quote from: Mrs. Smith on October 21, 2019, 03:29:18 PM

Ugh, unfortunately, I will be in the Peoples Republic of Kalifornia that weekend.  I'm hoping I don't any of it on me while I'm there.

:-[  praying you make it back unscathed, my brother

Captain

I was trying to get a hold of the SB for that shoot but no luck. I know we say to contact the shoot boss before signing up for an event, but I think most SB's are too busy to really watch their PM's regularly. And I hear that although it may be "the way it's supposed to happen", I think many instructors may just be signing up for events. That would also make it less important for a SB to keep on top of PM's. Something for me to think about . . .  :) At least now I don't have to convince my wife to let me take off for another weekend  ;D

BTW - Welcome to AZ and the SW region mr6actual, good luck on your trip . . .
There's things that gnaw on a man worse than dyin'. - Open Range