News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

Las Vegas NV Miniseed, Oct 11 2019

Started by sleepy, October 18, 2019, 07:32:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

sleepy

When I signed up to work the Las Vegas shoot for this last weekend, Whangdoodle was kind enough to offer to come out the day before and do a bit of shooting.

The morning was the first day of a local cold snap; nice to not be sweating at 8am.

After contemplating steels at 600 with the big-boy rifles, or steel & paper at 100 or less; we chose 100. As out-of-practice as I was, why waste expensive ammo?

We shot steels from 25 to 100, then transitioned over to AQTs. It was a great way to spend a morning, and reassuring that my perishable skills hadn't perished completely. Maybe the Kingman Miniseed a few days earlier helped.

If you haven't done it, schedule something with nearby fellow instructors. You'll be glad you did.

Captain

Hey Sleepy, this sounds fun and a great way to get together before the "shoot" begins. Great idea . . . as always (okay as usual  ;D )
There's things that gnaw on a man worse than dyin'. - Open Range