News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

Kingman AZ Miniseed October 9, 2019

Started by sleepy, October 18, 2019, 07:11:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

sleepy

Sure....just take a hat and you'll never have to pay to shoot again! Sucker!!!!

Reality is instructors have few opportunities to shoot. The line demands our energy and attention. That's where a Miniseed can be a Godsend.

Bucklenose was in just that situation, having worked KDs but having no time to shoot one. His flexibility and my being in the Kingman area created an opportunity to rectify that situation.

After a false start with range scheduling, we were able to meet up at Seven Mile Hill range in Kingman on Wednesday morning. We set up an open bay for a rimfire KD / RFKD; a 100m simulation of a full-distance KD utilizing a .22LR cartridge to factor in wind and drop. The target was the 100m, with firing lines at 25, 50, 75, and 100 meters.

Bucklenose not having a rifle set up, I offered mine ready-to-go.  A rifleman persists and rather than taking the easy way out, he insisted on setting up his own rig. We took a little time to zero, etc., then fired for record. To nobody's surprise, he qualified on the first try, with an 32/40.

Having other things to do, Bucklenose headed back home. I hung out and, taking advantage of the 100m range before me, fired a few times before coming back to 25m and settling down to business...my first real chance to shoot in almost six months.