News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

Las Vegas, NV October 12-13th 2019

Started by whangdoodle, October 14, 2019, 12:15:59 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

whangdoodle

What a weekend!
Good people, great weather, and high spirits. Our Third Appleseed at DSRPC went so smooth, you could, as the saying goes, butter a baby's butt.

Nine splendid Americans joined us this weekend. Shooters with varying experience all showed improvement throughout the weekend. Students took to the instruction well and persisted as all riflemen do. Everyone on the line came back for day 2! That may not seem like anything special, but any shoot boss will tell you different. It showed a lot of character and grit; very much like the characters in our history. As we sometimes say, whipped cream rises to the top. Har Har

Scores on AQTs improved on Sunday. We had some tantalizingly close scores to a rifleman's patch and some very big improvement from some less experienced shooters. Along with newly minted marksmen and sharpshooters, Nevada has another rifleman and riflewoman to add to the roster! Congratulations to Rob and Linda! We hit NPOA pretty hard  throughout the weekend which seemed to help. I'm very glad to have met all of you and hope to see you around.

A big shout out goes to Sleepy, our NV state coordinator. Without him driving in from out of state, this shoot would not have been half as great or safe. Guys like him really demonstrate the Appleseed spirit.

See you again in December!

BTW, if anyone got a picture of that tarantula. I'd like to see it.

derschneller

Thanks to you and Rich for a great first Appleseed experience. I just signed up for December and look forward to continuing to improve (cotton sling order placed!).

Also cool, my first wild tarantula sighting since I moved here in 2006 is attached.

kyokevin

Thanks Dan and Rick for leading such a great appleseed event. I was a bit rusty not going to an event in a couple years but You guys  gave great instruction that was easy to digest. Can't wait to go to the next event!

Ldb777

It was a great class. Thank you to Dan and Rick for your time!

sleepy

The pleasure is always ours, guys. Shooters stepping up to assume their responsibilities and legacy is a privilege to watch.

Refugees from Kalifornia and other slave states set an example for us all. With us gaining such good Americans, Kalifornia's ship must be sinking faster than ever. Get out while you can; they'll realize the brain-drain and following the DDR's lead, set up the fruitcake curtain.

Besides, Appleseeds are a great way to get in touch with nature. Wildlife seems to intuitively get that it could be nowhere safer than the range. Take our little tarantula friend. He's the first one I've ever met close and personal, and he hung out with us for a few hours.