News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

Appleseed Pistol Clinic training event

Started by EZ3, October 05, 2019, 12:42:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

EZ3

Ladies and gentlemen!

StevenK has selected the weekend of October 19 - 20 for the Appleseed Pistol Clinic trainer event.  The site will be Beaver Valley Rifle & Pistol Club, 505 Constitution Blvd, Beaver Falls, PA 15010 on the Training range.  Hours are 9AM to 5PM both days.

Please be advised that this course is limited to Instructors (red hats) and Shoot Bosses.
The event is open for registration, listed as a Private Event.  There will be a range fee.  Students will split range rental of $50/day, so, the more who attend the less we each pay.

The SB prefers that we use .22 cal. pistols for this event, which will make it more economical.  I haven't seen the COF, but I assume semi-autos would be preferable to revolvers.  If anyone needs a loaner, I have a couple on hand.  Also, be prepared to expend 600 rounds for the weekend.

If you are interested in attending please contact StevenK or myself for the link to register.  If you are in need of lodging, Appleseeders are welcome to stay at my house, which is about five minutes from the range.

"You can't teach Liberty by practicing tyranny." -  Mr. Happy

Corvette

EZ3,

Dag gone, I can't join you as we have a KD at New Philly that weekend.  Sorry I can't be there, I really would have liked to learn about our Appleseed Pistol Clinic offering and see how to run an event. 

To the rest of the Ohio Instructor corp, if you can make it, please do.  We need to add this offering next year to our schedule to expand our reach.  To those that can make it, please give me feedback on how it goes and what you learned.

Corvette
Be bold, brave and forthright and the bold, the brave and the forthright will gather around you!

EZ3

Hey Corvette,

There will be a couple other guys with you at Tusco who would have liked to do it also.  If all goes well here, maybe you can convince StevenK to put one on in OH.

Actually, when I first got the date my first thought was, "There goes my KD in New Philly!" :'(
"You can't teach Liberty by practicing tyranny." -  Mr. Happy

HammBone

I definitely want to do this training, but I am working the Wilmington shoot that weekend. Will keep an eye out for one to pop up in central OH.
1st Appleseed/Cleared Redcoat/Rifleman: 4/20/2013 - Miamisburg, OH
1st Known Distance Rifleman: 11/3/2018 - New Philadelphia, OH
1st Winterseed Rifleman: 1/26/2019 - Liberty Center, OH
Donned the Red Hat: 6/16/2019 - Wilmington, OH

"Beware of an old man in a profession where men usually die young." - Anonymous

"Blessed is the man, who when facing death, thinks only of his front sight." - Jeff Cooper