News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

MVSA 300 & 400 yd range pictures

Started by Jayhawker, September 28, 2019, 09:37:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jayhawker

This is the 300 yd range. We have had as many as 5 shooting at 300 yds, 8 shooting at 200 yds or 12 shooting  at 100 yards, at the same time. There are 12 benches on the firing line.

Jayhawker

This is the 400 yard range.

Jayhawker

This is another view of the 400 yard staging area.
I didn't think about taking a picture at the time, but I am standing on the firing line of a 25 yard bay that is very similar to the 25 yard bay where we do the regular Appleseeds.

Jayhawker

I didn't drive all the way out there to snap three pictures.
First group of the day met the obligatory sub 4 MOA requirement but was lots of MOAs from point of aim.

Jayhawker

I got her dialed in out to 300 yards using the cheapest ammo I could find. Then the sun set. I'll have to go back for 400 yards.

Quinncannon

The range looks nice and good shooting!
"This we"ll defend"

Rifleman patch, first Appleseed, N. Little Rock, April 2010.
KD qualified, Talledega, July 2016
KD qualified, Manchester, Sept 2016
Distinguished, Bald Knob, Jan 2018
Distinguished, Bald Knob, June 2018
Infernoseed, Bald Knob, June 2018
250 Perfect score, Bald Knob, 17 June, 2018
Distinguished, Bald Knob, Jan 2019
Distinguished, Hot Springs, April 2019
Distinguished, Bald Knob, Jan 2020
Distinguished, Bald Knob,  Aug 2020
Distinguished, Bolt Action, Bald Knob, Jan 2021
Distinguished, Menifee, Arkansas Aug 2021
Distinguished KD, 50/50, 50/50, Hot Springs, AR Oct 2021
Distinguished, Bolt Action and Semi, Bald Knob, Jan 2022

9mm4545

Thanks so much for the pictures! Are those tire tracks going down range? Is driving down to inspect targets allowed, or even possible? By the third or fourth trip to four hundred yards by old fashioned walking, I find my enthusiasm for long range paper punching diminishing rapidly. Electronic targets are technologically advanced enough to be called magic and once you are exposed to them you are hooked forever.

I love having a 25 meter range right next to the KD range. That should make everything run better, especially if there are any rifle (or shooter) problems to be sorted out.
The American Constitution is remarkable for its simplicity; but can only suffice a people habitually correct in their actions, and would be utterly inadequate to the wants of a different nation.  Change the domestic habits of the Americans, their religious devotion, and their high respect for morality, and it will not be necessary to change a single letter in the Constitution in order to vary the whole form of their government. - Francis Grund 1837

Jayhawker

I drove out to the 400 yard berm and back several times today in my Subaru.

Then I took a picture of the 25 yard bay, from the 400 yard range staging area, and then drove home.

We also drive on the 300 yard range, and I did a bunch of that today in my Subaru as well.

Jayhawker

This used to be glazing on my greenhouse.

I am pathological when it comes to not throwing stuff away. This shouldn't be in my garage. So lets justify my pathology and use it.

Anyway there's enough for two 3 by 8 foot sections on one 3 by 7 footer, approximately.

There are stands out there that we can hang it between.

I'll bring 6 2x2s to run across the top and bottom for stiffness.

It'd give us something to hang paper targets on.