Author Topic: Lafayette Appleseed  (Read 193 times)

Offline T-Bolt

• Retired IIT
Lafayette Appleseed
« on: April 26, 2020, 04:06:45 PM »
Hello all! At one point many years ago I was an orange hat and hosted many events at my property. When I moved, hosting was no longer an option so I have been out of the loop for a long time. We have moved again and are thinking about hosting an event again. Is there any interest in the Lafayette area?

Offline Hasty Sling

Re: Lafayette Appleseed
« Reply #1 on: April 26, 2020, 06:09:47 PM »
I hope (and suspect) that there would be strong interest from the central Indiana area. A Lafayette AS would fit that need real nicely.

Offline samschil

« Reply #2 on: April 27, 2020, 09:24:56 PM »
I'm 100% interested, and would sign up instantly. 
I was signed up for the Shelby shoot until it got cancelled and I've been looking into signing up for another. 
Being in Indy, everything is 2+ hours away, so Lafayette is a no-brainer.

Offline Hasty Sling

« Reply #3 on: April 28, 2020, 08:50:20 AM »
I'm 100% interested, and would sign up instantly. 
I was signed up for the Shelby shoot until it got cancelled and I've been looking into signing up for another. 
Being in Indy, everything is 2+ hours away, so Lafayette is a no-brainer.

Yes, exactly what Samschil said, word for word.

Offline T-Bolt

• Retired IIT
« Reply #4 on: May 03, 2020, 02:01:14 AM »
Would there still be interest if it was a rimfire only event?

Offline Hasty Sling

« Reply #5 on: May 03, 2020, 08:53:58 AM »
Yes! Centerfire included or not, I’m there! If it was a regular AS I’d plan to shoot it with my rimfire anyway. I’d only think of shooting my centerfire in a KD anyway.

I live roughly an hour away. A Lafayette AS is easily accessible for someone like me who lives in central Indiana. If I go most anywhere else I have to plan for an overnight stay, a hotel, time away from family, etc. For me, getting  away for the whole weekend is not an easy thing to do.

I get it, that’s probably what most people have to do under normal circumstances. But if I had the chance to shoot all weekend and still go back home Sat night, what a bonus!

T-bolt, PM me. I would love to help if there’s any way that I can. I’m sure that planning and running these things isn’t easy.

Offline samschil

« Reply #6 on: May 03, 2020, 02:22:00 PM »
Yeah, I'd be interested in rimfire only, which would actually be my preference.  I really want to learn the fundamentals on my 10/22.

Offline TridentMgmtGroup

« Reply #7 on: May 06, 2020, 11:14:37 AM »
Went to one in Crawfordsville a number of years ago, and ready to go again. Count me in.