News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

Hot Springs Appleseed September 21-22

Started by Jayhawker, September 22, 2019, 08:55:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jayhawker

We had a great Appleseed this weekend in Hot Springs.

There were lots of returning shooters and that showed in the AQT scores. Only one person failed to qualify on day two. He was so close, that he will should be able to get it done if he comes back for another try, in Bald Knob this winter or Hot Springs next spring.

We got all of the history told with poise, confidence and lots of props.

I enjoyed the company of everybody who came.

Bright1 (who was acting shoot boss after the scheduled shoot boss got called away on a family emergency) should have all of the details and lots of pictures in the after action report.

He did an outstanding job, and he kept me on the straight and narrow.

Huzzah!

Y'all aught to just go ahead and give him a green hat.

He's proved himself capable.

Quinncannon

"This we"ll defend"

Rifleman patch, first Appleseed, N. Little Rock, April 2010.
KD qualified, Talledega, July 2016
KD qualified, Manchester, Sept 2016
Distinguished, Bald Knob, Jan 2018
Distinguished, Bald Knob, June 2018
Infernoseed, Bald Knob, June 2018
250 Perfect score, Bald Knob, 17 June, 2018
Distinguished, Bald Knob, Jan 2019
Distinguished, Hot Springs, April 2019
Distinguished, Bald Knob, Jan 2020
Distinguished, Bald Knob,  Aug 2020
Distinguished, Bolt Action, Bald Knob, Jan 2021
Distinguished, Menifee, Arkansas Aug 2021
Distinguished KD, 50/50, 50/50, Hot Springs, AR Oct 2021
Distinguished, Bolt Action and Semi, Bald Knob, Jan 2022

bright1

It was indeed!  Great weather for both days.  Thanks to Jayhawker for a smooth shoot.  Thanks especially for the special, limited edition chamber flags - you saved the day! Hope to have the AAR posted up this evening complete with pics.

Jayhawker

proudpapashooter

Hey Guys, just wanted to give a shout-out to the instructors (Jayhawker and Bright1), you guys did an excellent job. This was my third shoot (2nd patch) and it was a great atmosphere. After getting really frustrated with my weapon the first day, Bright1 stepped up in and saved the day. Kudos my friend. Looking forward to the next one. My daughter got her 2nd patch as well and next year we are looking at bringing her daughter and starting another generation on the Appleseed journey. Thanks again guys!