News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

Nappanee IN. Sept 28-29, 2019 AAR

Started by Click, October 01, 2019, 02:33:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Click

It was another great weekend at the Nappanee Conservation Club. We had a line full of the best shooters one could ask for. They were all very positive and taking all the instruction very well. Despite all the rain over the course of the weekend all the shooters toughed it out and made the shoot very fun. We had 1 re-qualification and 2 new rifleman scores with other shooters hitting scores to the 190's to low 200's. If you didn't get your rifleman score this weekend, take the new skills you learned this weekend practice and persist and you will get those scores. I would like to thank all the instructors for the excellent instruction and help through out the weekend. I would also like to Congratulate Brit and Cody on stepping up and taking orange hats. I would like to also thank The Nappanee Conservation Club for hosting this event it is always a great range to have events.

Now
:pics:

Nordo

After 7 yes you've read that right 7 long years I am proud to say I finally got my rifleman
Rifleman Nappanee Indiana 9-29-19 210
Requal rm Nappanee Indiana 9-29-19 210
Orange hat accepted 9-29-19

Captain

Congrats Nordo - way to persist and get the job done!!
There's things that gnaw on a man worse than dyin'. - Open Range

Pepper Spray

A rifleman never gives up! Again congratulations Nordo, get used to being called a rifleman. I am glad I was there to witness history. Welcome to the Michigan instructor cadrae!
"A ship in harbor is safe, but that is not what ships are built for." John A. Shedd

"If a man does his best, what else is there?"  - General George S. Patton

Post tenebras lux

"The teenage years are not a vacation from responsibility... They are the training ground of future leaders who dare to be responsible now." -Alex and Brett Harris from Do Hard Things

Hasty Sling

Nordo,

congratulations! You've climbed your Everest!

How did it feel?
What was your biggest challenge to crossing that threshold?
What did you do to overcome it?

I just took my initial steps this weekend with my first Appleseed. I scrutinize all the AARs, other posts, and the pics for their lessons. I think one can learn a lot just through the posts on this site. So, don't be shy. Pass along what you can to another aspirant.

With a high of 202,

Cesar "Chico" Cruz

Bootlaces

All I can say is I'm so thankful I didn't get my 1st rifleman score of 210 because I don't think I would have taken cold water being dumped on me so well like Cody did 🤣 I'm so very proud of not just Cody but everyone on the line it was great to finally meet the captain and his very bubbly daughter pepper spray I look forward to growing and learning with all the instructors