News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

Kintyre, ND AAR Sept. 14-15, 2019

Started by MrFixit, September 17, 2019, 10:15:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

MrFixit

Our Kintyre ND appleseed was once again a fun event!  With only a couple pre-registrations and a beautiful weekend, we got a lot of one-on-one time with our students.  We shot a bunch of AQT's, hid under the canopy during a couple of brief showers Saturday morning, and Sunday afternoon the shade was appreciated!

We had one student re-qualify as Rifleman, congratulations Greg!  Thanks for coming all the way from Iowa!

See you all again next summer! :F

TOMINCT

crak's battle road IBC 10-09
Ramseur 2-12!
ninsho's battle road IBC 6-13

Burnett

Thanks for running an interesting event, Andrew.
All of two attendees was kind of unique; made for a not so 'pressed for time' weekend. Which was NICE.
Being the only attendee on Sunday was even more unique, and lead to a good time.
I wish I had been able to shoot the score with the 10/22, but if I may, I am kind of happy having done it with the bolt action.
Even if I only squeaked it out with a 216.
It was nice to meet your family as well.
I would definitely give real thought to driving up there again.

Giving serious thought to attending another the last weekend of this month, in of all states, Iowa this time.
Would be my 5th and the 1st in my home state.

(Greg) Burnett

Captain

Definitely come out the the event in Volga! It looks like there will be plenty of room on the line. It will be my first shoot in Iowa, as well as my first on an Appleseed range on a farm! Hope to see you there!

Captain
There's things that gnaw on a man worse than dyin'. - Open Range

Burnett

Thinking about it; just not sure yet.
Specifically about where to stay; seems like all the rooms in the area a booked and 90-ish miles is too far to want to drive.

Captain

I'll be sleeping somewhere in the back of my van . . . probably in the camping area in Volga.
There's things that gnaw on a man worse than dyin'. - Open Range

Burnett

Quote from: Captain on September 24, 2019, 08:58:01 PM
I'll be sleeping somewhere in the back of my van . . . probably in the camping area in Volga.
I was in the guard for 12 years and we trained at Volga. I have spent soooo many nights in shelter-halfs and snowbanks and gooseberry bushes and HMMWVs and about everywhere else down there and in the rain and mosquitoes. Oy.
And I've only seen the lake once while training.