News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

AAR- Marlette Sportsmen's Kingston, MI September 14-15, 2019

Started by Superheat, September 16, 2019, 09:24:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Superheat

Thank You Marlette Sportsmen Association for hosting another amazing event.
I am glad that I was able to Shoot Boss this event.  Great students and a wonderful group of instructors made this weekend very memorable for me.

I will post more later.

Please post pictures!

Tick Wrangler

All I can say is wow, what a great group of students.
Thank you all for being so eager to learn.

Now for the pictures, I didnt get many but here they are.

Number six teaching seated POI-TL modeling-01

Number six teaching seated POI-TL modeling-02

RangeRat teaching the 6 steps-01

RangeRat teaching the 6 steps-02

Our illustrious grey hat teaching prone POI - Supertrooper modeling-01

Our illustrious grey hat teaching prone POI - Supertrooper modeling-02

Our illustrious grey hat teaching prone POI - Supertrooper modeling-03

The weather was fantastic and we all got to spend some time together with fellow patriots.

Again thank you guys for listening so intently and thank you to Marlette Sportsmen Association for hosting this event.

"Did you exchange, a walk on part in the war, for a lead role in a cage?" - Pink Floyd

T. WOLF

Another fantastic event at Marlette Sportsmen's Club!  This is quickly becoming my favorite recurring event of the year -- it's phenomenal to see such a large group of shooters on the firing line in Kingston. As an instructor, it's very rewarding to work with so many shooters who are engaged and attentive. The young shooters in this group particularly, give me great hope for the future! 
:F

Congratulations to our Riflemen (and women!) - excellent shooting!
Mick - thanks for being a good sport and letting us dunk you in the waters of the North Bridge!

The progression of marksmanship skills up and down the firing line was great to see, and a lot of you are 'knocking on the door' of your first patch. I really encourage you to practice your NPOA and transitions at home and then get back out for another Project Appleseed event. I think you'll find your persistence is very rewarding - it was for me!

Special thanks to Rangerat67 and the Marlette Sportsmen's Club for letting us camp on the range again. Bakin' Bacon and I really appreciated your hospitality.

I look forward to doing this again next year!

Too many pictures to post individually - click here for the photo album!

"There is nothing which I dread so much as a division of the republic into two great parties, each arranged under its leaders, and concerting measures in opposition to each other." ~John Adams 1780

ThreadNLead "TL"

What a fantastic weekend! With a great group of people!!
I have to admit, I was a bit nervous with that many students on the line, but you guys were really above and beyond my expectations!

Shout out to my designated sniper Jane! I had to laugh, when she did the first 'squares' target, she misunderstood and put one round into each target... and they were all HITS! After I told her how she was "supposed" to do it, I then said that she did great! Her response was "I did?! Then I'll have to show the boys!!"  **) **) ^:)^ What a cutie! Cant wait to see her on the line again....using her sling!

The improvement I saw throughout the day was FANTASTIC! Such teachable attitudes make my "job" so much easier and way more fun! Thank you to all the students. I hope you had as much fun as I did.

Again, special thank you to RangeRat and Marlette Sportsman's for hosting us!

Those who mentioned wanting to do another event before next year, dont forget to check out the other classes in the area... Lapeer, Fenton, Blue Water...  :---

Like T.Wolf said, I took a lot of pics so I'll post a link to them instead of trying to post them individually. (It just takes waaaaay too long for me for some reason)
"Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety."  - Benjamin Franklin
"Liberty must at all hazards be supported. We have a right to it, derived from our Maker. But if we had not, our fathers have earned and bought it for us, at the expense of their ease, their estates, their pleasure, and their blood." -John Adams
Super Trooper, forever in my heart.
First Patch: (was a) KD 10/27/18
Winterseed Patch: 11/11/18
Orange Hat: 11/11/18
"InfernoSeed": 7/20/19
Red Hat: 4/18/21
KD: 11/26/23
Morgan's Shingle/Star (prone and standing): 11/26/23

ThreadNLead "TL"

"Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety."  - Benjamin Franklin
"Liberty must at all hazards be supported. We have a right to it, derived from our Maker. But if we had not, our fathers have earned and bought it for us, at the expense of their ease, their estates, their pleasure, and their blood." -John Adams

Super Trooper

This was my third year in a row for the Marlette Sportsmen's Association shoot, and this is the one shoot I look forward to every year.  A huge thank you to Wendy Tanis for her time and generosity in feeding all the shooters and instructors lunch both days, feeding 40+ people is no easy task.

Congratulations to all the new and re-qualified Riflemen.  Much improvement was seen over two days and many of you are on the doorstep of a rifleman patch.  I look forward to seeing you all again next year.
The hardest distance to shoot is the six inches between your ears.  It gets easier when you get out of your own way.  Self doubt and negative self talk have no place on the firing line. 
Once a shot is gone... good or bad, it is gone.   Focus on the next one. Make forty good first shots.

00Tuber

This event was great. This year is my second year coming to the Marlette Appleseed event and I have had alot of fun both years. This year was especially awesome since I shot my first rifleman score of 217. Thanks a bunch to all the red hats orange hats and to the first grey hat I've met. Special thank you to Tick Wrangler for letting me borrow a 10/22 magazine for most of the event.  Couldn't have survived Sunday without it since I still can't get my mag that failed to work.

PS I'm new to the forum so I'm Toby Campbell for those who may recognize my name.

Rangerat67

Welcome to the forum 00Tuber and congratulations for earning the coveted Rifleman Patch!  The deer better stay away from Imlay City this Fall.

Rangerat67
Mr. Tanis

ThreadNLead "TL"

Welcome 00Tuber!
Congrats on the patch, again! It was a great shoot! I look forward to seeing you on the range again!!

Captain

Fantastic pictures "TL" - that really looks like it was a fun event. I hope I can get to one like this in Michigan soon!

Captain
There's things that gnaw on a man worse than dyin'. - Open Range