News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

Idaho Falls, ID, September 14/15, 2019 AAR

Started by Prescott, September 16, 2019, 03:08:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Prescott

It has been four long years since the last Appleseed (AS) event was held in Idaho Falls, ID.   As there was interest in having an event in Idaho Falls, an event was scheduled at Eagle Rock Gun School and Range.   The range was excited that AS was interested in running events again in Idaho Falls, and pulled out all the stops to get an event on the schedule.

The Eagle Rock Gun School and Range is a fantastic range for AS events.  They provided a dedicated line that accommodate 15 shooters, provided all of the target backer and also provided a classroom where we could get out of sun for lunch and presentations.   I would like to thank ERGSR for their hosting of this event.

Eleven students attended this first event at ERGSR and they were a great group of students.   The group was comprised of all age ranges, with almost 50% of the students being women and 40% of the students being youth.   The group was very engaged in the AS instructional techniques, which was evident in their AQT scores, and the history of our great nation.

Four first time AS participants earned their Rifleman patches at this event.   Congratulations to Kyle, Waverly, Mark and Chey!   ^:)^
In addition to these shooter, there were a couple more shooters who shot in the 190s and 200s, and were just a few points away from earning their patch.   All of the students showed a great improvement in their marksmanship skills and I am sure they will earn their patch at the next event they attend.

Waverly put on a impressive display of marksmanship skills.   She was shooting a bolt action .22 rifle and shot her Rifleman score early on Sunday morning.   In each subsequent AQT her scores keep climbing, until she topped out at 238!  I actually put a Distinguished patch in my pocket, as I expected to award her the Distinguished patch at her first AS event.   

Remember, a characteristic of a Rifleman is persistence.   Use dry fire practice at home to reinforce and hone your marksmanship skill.  Dry fire practice will help with trigger control, getting stretched out for the steady hold factors, and in gaining skills with NPOA shifts.   Remember, the key to being a good rifleman is being relaxed and repeatable.   Dry fire practice can help a shooter become both of these.

I am working with ERGSR to get an event scheduled for next year, and I hope to see everyone again.

In Liberty,
Griff

"America will never be destroyed from the outside.  If we falter and lose our freedoms, it will be because we destroyed ourselves." - Abraham Lincoln

Prescott

Photos from the event
"America will never be destroyed from the outside.  If we falter and lose our freedoms, it will be because we destroyed ourselves." - Abraham Lincoln

kd5zmg

Thank you sir for the training, the knowledge transfer and fun times.  Hope to see you again with at least 2 new shooters from the Cinense Clan.
Respectfully,

Mark A Cinema