News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

Rawlins, Wyoming AAR 14-15 Sept. 2019

Started by M1bzrk, September 15, 2019, 11:53:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

M1bzrk

RAWLINS OUTDOOR SHOOTING COMPLEX AAR 14-15SEPT2019

Saturday - we only had one pre-reg, Clark, but Jim from the range board decided to join us and see what we were about.  Wow, we doubled attendance in one fell swoop!Temps in the 50s to start with then into the 70s by early afternoon.  Yes, the wind did blow, but I don't think it hit 40mph…

Jim was shooting a .22 Henry lever action and doing amazingly well with the factory sights, he had to leave early, but was steadily improving.
Clark had an AR with irons - got a 144 on his first AQT and 170 on his second. Expect to see the trend continue tomorrow.

BoxMag1 came all the way from Rock Springs to help instruct and Mr. Aufbau came from distant Sinclair - great to see you again and thank you both for all your help.

Sunday - Jim could not make it back, so that left Clark outnumbered.  The wind did kick up a bit in the afternoon trying to take Clark's target (and backer) to unknown heights.  It was retrieved and fastened more securely. Clark shot a 192 in the morning and a 203 in the afternoon, unfortunately his highest score. 

We were looking forward to awarding him the Rifleman patch.  What a great attitude he has - he has done a lot of shooting, but he's enthusiastic, listens and accepts instruction!  I have no doubt that he will earn the RM patch at the next event and hope that he will take a hat and join the instructor ranks.

Jim came by and said that he was impressed with the way we did things especially safety-wise, looked forward to seeing us again and would promote Appleseed amongst his youth shooters.

What a great range.  If you shoot in Carbon County and do not use this range, shame on you.  Thank you for the encouragement Jim, Josh and Terry; Project Appleseed appreciates your support.

sleepy

Doubled your numbers on the line? I'm impressed! But then again, Berk always could pull a rabbit from his hat...or trailer.

Wished I could have been there, but I had a previous commitment. Maybe next year?

Mark Davis

Quote from: M1bzrk on September 15, 2019, 11:53:37 PM
RAWLINS OUTDOOR SHOOTING COMPLEX AAR 14-15SEPT2019

Yes, the wind did blow, but I don't think it hit 40mph…

Nice that you had pretty good day. Last time I drove through Rawlins, The electronic highway signs said,
"High profile vehicles not recommended. Wind gusts to 65 MPH."

sleepy

Electricity in Rawlins? Next thing you know they'll be lording having flush toilets over the rest of us....

Tough keeping up with the Jones out here.