News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

AAR Liberty Ridge Ranch, Cleveland TN September 14-15, 2019

Started by Cleveland, September 15, 2019, 08:34:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Cleveland

Many thanks to the shooters that braved the heat to come learn our Heritage of Marksmanship and Liberty at Liberty Ridge Ranch. We had a nearly sold out line which included 8 enthusiastic youth shooters. CorgiMom started the shoot out with the telling of the First Strike. The fire hose of instruction began, and several shooters that were unable to even hit a squares target at the start of the day had great groups by the end of the first day.

On Sunday we gained two more shooters as we continued with history and a review of the first day's instruction, a few more squares, and then started shooting AQTs. For lunch our range host offered for sale burgers from Bison raised at Liberty Ridge Ranch. We took a break from the line and heat, congregating at the ranch pavilion for the freshly grilled burgers and the KD presentation. Shooters then felt refreshed and ready to return to the line and continue with AQTs and DOM stories for the remainder of the afternoon.

Congratulations to Stan, Brett and Michael for requalifying with Rifleman scores.  Josh and Robert were knocking on the door; a Rifleman persists and you will qualify next shoot. Young shooters, Levi and Marina, both shot commanding Rifleman scores from a rest.

The amazing views Liberty Ridge Ranch provides, coupled with the positive and determined attitudes of the shooters, made for a great weekend sharing our Liberty and Heritage. I look forward to seeing you all on the line at a future event soon!
The highest level of mastery is simplicity. Most information is irrelevant and most effort is wasted, but only the expert knows what to ignore. James Clear

Rifleman 19April2015
KD Qualified 17Oct2015
Pistoleer™ 12Dec2020
KD Requal 11Nov2021 50/50
Pistol IBC/Charter Pistol Instructor Antioch 2-22
200y RKD Qualified 14May2022

Cleveland

Pics
The highest level of mastery is simplicity. Most information is irrelevant and most effort is wasted, but only the expert knows what to ignore. James Clear

Rifleman 19April2015
KD Qualified 17Oct2015
Pistoleer™ 12Dec2020

Cleveland

More pics

Rifleman 19April2015
KD Qualified 17Oct2015
Pistoleer™ 12Dec2020

Hardbean

A big Huzzah to all the shooters this weekend!  This was probably one of the most positive minded groups I've had the pleasure to work with.  The heat was brutal after lunch, but we chugged gallons of water and kept after it.  I saw lots of determination and readiness to learn with the members of this line, even in the heat.  I think we have several new rifleman in the near future with a little practice and hopefully lots of dry fire!

Again, a wonderful facility with breathtaking views.  I'm glad this location is conveniently close to home for me.  And bison burgers adds to the experience!

BooneCaudill

What a great weekend full of such enthusiastic shooters! It was wonderful to see all the young folks so responsive to the history!

Liberty Ranch is truly a beautiful place to do an Appleseed event.......

The hardest thing to explain is that which is glaringly evident, which everybody had decided not to see. -Aayn Rand

CorgiMom

I feel so proud of every shooter who persisted through the heat this weekend, having fun and remembering those who fought for our Liberty! Congrats to Brett (excellent choice on that purple patch), Michael, and Stan on your consistency as Riflemen, as well as to young Marina and Levi for being well on their way to patches, too!

I thoroughly enjoyed working with Ginny, Alyse, and Zoe. So proud of the great improvement you three showed, clearly enjoying the challenge! I'd say gymnastics has given y'all the ability to persist, and that's a key trait of becoming Riflemen.

While I didn't get to work with each of you,  I can say we were truly impressed with the groups we saw this weekend, knowing there will definitely be future Riflemen added soon to our ranks!

Also, a big congratulations and appreciation to Natalia for requesting a blue hat! Natalia, you were a big help to me at the registration table on Sunday morning, and I applaud you for stepping up! Folks, watch out for this enthusiastic young woman who is also a great shooter! Natalia isn't waiting to make a difference "one day". She's stepping up to make a difference now!
Rifleman and KD Qualified 19Apr2018
KD Re Qualified 15July2018
KD Re Qualified Distinguished 04Nov2018
IBC Canton 1-19
Red Hat 13Apr2019
25M Re Qualified 02May2020
IBC Canton 2-21
IBC Antioch 3-21
25M Re Qualified 17April2021

CokeGuy

Enjoyed reading the AAR, seeing the pics and comments. Wish I could have been with you, but can't be in two places at the same time.
Had to "enjoy" the heat in Martin this time. But, I've made a note of the 2020 schedule.
CokeGuy

Ramblin' Wreck

Sounds like a great event. Hope I can make the next one especially since it's almost next door.
See you on the line.
Ramblin' Wreck
"If ever a time should come, when vain and aspiring men shall possess the highest seats in Government, our country will stand in need of its experienced patriots to prevent its ruin."  ― Samuel Adams

KD Requal Huntsville 11/13/22 with scoped Service Rifle 47/50
25m Requal 2/1/2020 with AR15 scored 247
25m Requal 4/17/2021 with .22 bolt gun - 237
61 KD and UKD events run/worked as of 1/18/22

You can't miss fast enough to qualify.

Without a heritage every generation starts over.

Beware an old man who still shoots iron sights.

"War is when your Government tells you who the enemy is. Revolution is when you figure it out for yourself" - unknown