News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

Ariel WA, WMGC September 28-29

Started by janer, September 09, 2019, 01:02:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

janer

Our last event of the year at Wolverton Mountain Gun Club in Ariel, WA.  Still some room on the line.

Earl

I had a wonderful Appleseed weekend. Of note was how lost and driving in circles I was :-[ as I left I-5 for Hwy 203, I had really forgotten how many miles twenty plus were on that river road.   Large group of willing shooters, families and friends and sponsors to watch over their performance. I was very impressed by the youth that showed up to learn, three of them were struggling just a bit with the length and weight of their rifles, but they carried on and learned all the positions. One of the best things was how firmly the four safety rules lived in their muzzle control, especially when looped into that sling. We did have the whole range of age groups and status, I like to think that when we tell about the Three Strikes of the match, you could identify with someone in our tales. I hadn't much experience with shooting relays, but the Shoot Boss got me going in the right direction. A bit slower, but it did get the first day done, with everyone having learned all the lessons, just no time for an AQT. But the second Redcoat target was a real improvement over the first. O0
  Day two we extended the target line, put shelter up for both the firing line and equipment line and the weather kind of held back. Everyone could get to shoot in a single relay. Morning Redcoat shot clean by the fastest runner to the target line, all day. Worth the picture. ^:)^ The quick reviews of marksmanship basics got everyone with better groups and adjusted sights, so the first AQT was done before lunch, and produced the first Rifleman :beer: Love to shout those three HUZZAHS!. Then the AQT grind, a check of carding the sights to increase NPOA, and the Rifleman's Cadence. Our only hope to complete with higher scores as we closed in on the 210 qualifying score. More Rifleman patches earned and awarded. I had to depart a bit early, do hope that I added to the experience of the shooters and listeners of our traditions from Boston in 1775. I need to get myself back into dry practice again since I hope in the near future to have an opportunity to requalify on another Appleseed in the Great NorthWest.  Hope to see everyone on another range on another weekend, perfecting my rifle marksmanship and study of the History of Liberty established on April 19, 1775.
   Be safe, study about our History, and become the fine riflemen and citizens of a nation conceived in Liberty.
... to catch the fire in another American for sharing the skills and our heritage to our posterity. Maybe my perfect shots will be made by those I met along the trials and trails of Appleseed. I know that America is a nation of Riflemen.

janer

Nineteen shooters Saturday at Wolverton Mountain Gun Club, Ariel, WA.  The rain held off most of the day while they received instruction in marksmanship and heard some stories about our heritage.  Didn't rain until the last hour, but then it really let loose.  Thirteen returned Sunday.  The weather was better though cold.  I appreciated all the great questions and comments about the heritage stories.  The group was very engaged both in the instruction and the stories.

Congratulations to new Rifleman Luke with 221, followed up with a 226, and new Rifleman Matt with a 221 followed up with a 229.  Huzzah!
Everyone showed improvement over the weekend.  Several in the 180-190 range.  Dry practice will get you there.

Six Luther Blanchard patches handed out to an outstanding group of very safety conscious young shooters.

Great group to work with.  I hope to see you all at the range again.

I know Flipper took lots of pictures.  I'm sure she'll post them when she gets a chance.

Flipper

My apologies for the delay in the pictures.
Congratulations to our new Rifleman!!! You guys really absorbed what was taught and applied it very well. A big thank you to everyone who came back on Sunday!! I know it was a little damp in the morning, but it was worth sticking around.

Here is a link to my pictures. https://photos.app.goo.gl/roC72xueHdecwv2V9

See you all next time,
Flipper