News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

AAR Guliford, CT @ NHSC, September 7-8, 2019

Started by TOMINCT, September 09, 2019, 10:19:48 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

TOMINCT

A sold out event, overall great weather and a teachable attitude made for a great weekend at New Haven Sportsman.s Club in Guilford this weekend. 14 shooters from Ct and NY filled the firing line and were taught the fundamentals of marksmanship and American heritage over both days.

Many had some experience and it showed in the Saturday am RC count: 100 yd-10, 200 yd-5. 300 yd-2 and one shingle hit. We dd improve on that over the course of the day.
The fundamentals were gone ove with several drills and extra time for sight in. The day progressed with the telling of the Three Strikes by Scout74 and two AQT's. The final Redcoat count was as follows: 100 yd-12, 200 yd-6, 300 yd-3. 400 yd-5, 4 shingle hits and one RC cleaned. HUZZAH!

Our AQT's also netted our first rifleman, Dan, with a 210 and the SOP dousing that goes with making the cut.  :cool2:

Sunday started well, most shooters returned and after the am RC and some drills proceeded to the AQT grind. Much improvement was seen throughout the day and before the end of it netted 1 more Rifleman and 1 Riflewoman.

Gary had hit it hard most of Sunday with a few qualifying scores, the high being a 228! Julie, Gary's wife hung tough the entire day with the score inching up after every AQT fired and she ended up with a 211 score. Great job!  ^:)^  ^:)^

Other notable scores fired were Alex, a jr. shooter with a 209, and Jon with a few scores in the 180's. Forgive me if I didn't get some other good scores to post.

The attendees were a great group to work with, even with sight in issues and loose sights, working out the usual bugs as we encounter at a 'seed but never when practicing. Everyone made improvement over the 2 days.

NHSC has been a great supporter of Appleseed, Steve did a great job as BOTG and getting things made ready for us, Thanks to you all, it makes a huge difference, we look forward to events there next year. The club was also represented by 5 members present.

The IT crew did their usual best, along with Scout 74 passing both his IIT4 and Instructor PC. CT now has a new Redhat! Great job Russell!

As always a Rifleman & Riflewoman persists
crak's battle road IBC 10-09
Ramseur 2-12!
ninsho's battle road IBC 6-13

Parallax

The Appleseed crew after firing there first Red Coat on Saturday morning. :F

Parallax

Heritage and Marksmanship then began.

Parallax

Congratulations to the new rifleman and to Scout74 for putting the time in and earning the Red Hat!!!

I hope to see all you again,

In Liberty

TOMINCT

Nice job on the pics. The last series notations are:

Photo 1, Dan getting doused with some spring water after his 210 on Saturday.

#2, Alex our Jr shooter who pushed it hard with a 209!  ~~:)  &)

#3, Scout74 receiving his accolades and redhat.  :bow:

#4, Julie who persevered the weekend and finished Sunday with a  211 score

#5, Gary, who hit it several times with a high score of 228

#6, the husband and wife team who did it the same weekend. HUZZAH!  ^:)^
crak's battle road IBC 10-09
Ramseur 2-12!
ninsho's battle road IBC 6-13

scout74

Excellent work on taking and posting the pics up.
10/22/16 Rifleman

"Eternal vigilance is the price of liberty." Thomas Jefferson
"You'll have noise soon enough,the regulars are out!" Paul Revere
"The first man who turns to run, I will shoot down myself.  Do not fire unless fired upon, but if they mean for a war let it begin here." Capt. John Parker

https://www.facebook.com/AppleseedCT/