News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

Ruger 10/22s on sale at Dicks $219.98 Is this a "Good Deal"?

Started by Mossy22, September 06, 2019, 06:01:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mossy22

Looking at getting an extra rifle to use as a loaner for our Troop.  Not sure if that $219.98 price is a good deal for a 10/22?  Also going to the gun show in Largo this weekend, so I'll see if I get blessed with a used one before hitting the big box store.

TheMenace

Sons of Liberty!
Defend the Constitution,
The Law of Our Land
https://youtu.be/w6H12dyS8FI
Joshua 1:9

Mossy22

Hmn... I can't access that link. Also, can't see even see a "Deals and Steals" thread anywhere on the forum.  Secret Thread double-probation anti-spammer protection mode maybe?  (But now how will people find out about that amazing work from home part-time job that pays $2000 an hour, sign up today!?!)

Super Trooper

Quote from: Mossy22 on September 06, 2019, 07:47:32 PM
Hmn... I can't access that link. Also, can't see even see a "Deals and Steals" thread anywhere on the forum.  Secret Thread double-probation anti-spammer protection mode maybe?  (But now how will people find out about that amazing work from home part-time job that pays $2000 an hour, sign up today!?!)

Was on sale for $199:
https://palmettostatearmory.com/ruger-10-22-22-lr-mans-best-friend-collector-series-rifle-od-green-31115.html
The hardest distance to shoot is the six inches between your ears.  It gets easier when you get out of your own way.  Self doubt and negative self talk have no place on the firing line. 
Once a shot is gone... good or bad, it is gone.   Focus on the next one. Make forty good first shots.

Mossy22

Thank you both for the heads-up.  Looks like a better set-up for Appleseed with the ghost ring sight.  Also the plast... eh-hem, polymer stock might be a little more abuse tolerant than the standard wooden stock.  Assuming the "enclosed $25 Ruger store certificate" is still valid (hello, extra mag) the net cost even after the shipping/transfer fees looks pretty comparable to the Plain Jane version. 

Monkey

There are better deals if you look.

That said, I would rather gnaw off my trigger finger than give them one dollar.
"5 minutes for this stage - that's like a week in people years!"

"Responsibility is a unique concept... You may share it with others, but your portion is not diminished. You may delegate it, but it is still with you... If responsibility is rightfully yours, no evasion, or ignorance or passing the blame can shift the burden to someone else. Unless you can point your finger at the man who is responsible when something goes wrong, then you have never had anyone really responsible."
― Hyman G. Rickover

"Scoring is a function of great execution, and winning Is the result, but thinking about winning can pull your focus off of proper execution in a competition. Thinking about process is the answer."- Lanny Bassham

TheMenace

I got one from PSA. There's a $25 coupon for the Ruger store included in the box. I used it to order a short pull, high rise stock module. With shipping, the total cost was $25.95. I put the remaining $0.95 on my credit card.  I'm putting a Vortex scope on it and figure the short pull will work in most loaner situations. If not I can put the long length of pull low rise module it came with back on and add foam and vet tape to build up the cheek. There are a lot of upgrades you can do to it but right out of the box it is functional with the addition of an extra mag and sling. If you want to use "real" peep sights I suggest Tech Sights.--dg
Sons of Liberty!
Defend the Constitution,
The Law of Our Land
https://youtu.be/w6H12dyS8FI
Joshua 1:9

Mossy22

Regarding https://palmettostatearmory.com/ruger-10-22-22-lr-mans-best-friend-collector-series-rifle-od-green-31115.html

Just an update: PSA is back down to $199 on their website as of today.  Shipping to Tampa Bay area was quoted at $17.  However, PSA also has them listed on gunbroker.com as a "buy it now" for $209 but with free shipping.  Florida is not on their posted list of states for which they collect sales tax, but you may wish to double-check that before purchasing.

https://www.gunbroker.com/item/831960245

Also.... their Gunbroker listing states they have ONE THOUSAND FOUR HUNDRED AND SIXTY SIX of these currently available, yikes. Palmetto State ARMORY indeed.     

(Please Note: Sorry if this info was already covered in the Deals section, but I can't see that part of the forum yet.)

stoneknives

off subject slightly..but has anyone tried to use a AR National Match peep replacement on that sewer pipe of a rear sight? Be a lot cheaper than replacing it a TecSight.
"When men's rules are Honorable and Just I will follow them. When I find the laws tolerable, I will tolerate them. When I find the rules obnoxious, I will ignore them. When I find evil imposed or codified, I will War against it. My Lord has made it known and understood to me that to accept the gift of freedom I will alone bear the full responsibility everything I do, or chose not to do." I .......    "This is Appleseed. We are here to restore the Republic. Tyrants, major or petty, need not apply."  I .......

"I stand with the mission, Sir" PHenry