News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

Appleseed Ramseur KD Event AAR - August 9-10

Started by Catch-10-22, August 15, 2019, 11:03:53 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Catch-10-22

I know there is a formal AAR in that part of the forums, but I wrote up a waaaayyy too long AAR with a few pictures for MDShooters: https://www.mdshooters.com/showpost.php?p=5637210&postcount=75 in case anyone in MD is interested.

Thank you so much to BeSwift for subbing in as shoot boss for Annapolis so I could attend. Sounds like that was an amazing event as well!

Monkey

I would be willing to run a similar type of event for the MD crew at Ramseur, if there's enough interest.

Probably later in the year (spoken, November and later); just let me know what's in the realm of the possible and we can make magic happen.

"5 minutes for this stage - that's like a week in people years!"

"Responsibility is a unique concept... You may share it with others, but your portion is not diminished. You may delegate it, but it is still with you... If responsibility is rightfully yours, no evasion, or ignorance or passing the blame can shift the burden to someone else. Unless you can point your finger at the man who is responsible when something goes wrong, then you have never had anyone really responsible."
― Hyman G. Rickover

"Scoring is a function of great execution, and winning Is the result, but thinking about winning can pull your focus off of proper execution in a competition. Thinking about process is the answer."- Lanny Bassham

Monkey

And by the way, with a write up like that, you're writing the AAR next time.  ;D

"Responsibility is a unique concept... You may share it with others, but your portion is not diminished. You may delegate it, but it is still with you... If responsibility is rightfully yours, no evasion, or ignorance or passing the blame can shift the burden to someone else. Unless you can point your finger at the man who is responsible when something goes wrong, then you have never had anyone really responsible."
― Hyman G. Rickover

"Scoring is a function of great execution, and winning Is the result, but thinking about winning can pull your focus off of proper execution in a competition. Thinking about process is the answer."- Lanny Bassham

Catch-10-22

But I didn't know how it ended!

By the way, did you guys do the night shoot on Saturday?

Monkey

Yep. As advertised.

The Wolfhound was running his dedicated 22lr upper out to at least 200, and Jordan actually came out and was engaging with her mama's rifle that far as well.  DeadAnt and Alex were in, I think Vaportrace was out earlier running a 6.5 Creedmoor. 

Shame you couldn't stay.  But like I said, we can set something like this up for the MD crew - I leave that for you and B to figure what works best for your cadre.

― Hyman G. Rickover

The Wolfhound

Indeed we did.  I started before it was dark with my .22 upper and rang steel.  300 yards with a .22LR is a lot of fun!  Once it was fully dark the ARs came out and the steel rang again.  The lights seem to have sagged a bit and only really illuminate to the 300 yard line. 

Catch-10-22

You guys are killing me - sounds awesome.

I ended up driving back home that night after dinner, arriving at 1230am. Was on a plane to London Sunday afternoon and back home on Monday night. Similar to Monkey, no sleep for a few days but was absolutely worth it.

Brian and I will discuss and see if we can rally the troops. I think it might be a good incentive for some of our repeat Rifleman to take hats. Shannon and Chris are obvious potential anchor tenants as well.

Really appreciate the offer and thanks again for the invite!

HammBone

That was a very nice write-up. Lots of wisdom in your summaries. Thanks for taking the time.
1st Appleseed/Cleared Redcoat/Rifleman: 4/20/2013 - Miamisburg, OH
1st Known Distance Rifleman: 11/3/2018 - New Philadelphia, OH
1st Winterseed Rifleman: 1/26/2019 - Liberty Center, OH
Donned the Red Hat: 6/16/2019 - Wilmington, OH

"Beware of an old man in a profession where men usually die young." - Anonymous

"Blessed is the man, who when facing death, thinks only of his front sight." - Jeff Cooper