News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

Moving to Madison (Huntsville area) soon

Started by KPUC, August 02, 2019, 11:20:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

KPUC

My wife tells me that we are moving to Madison in the next couple of weeks.  Although she is a civilian, we live where the Army tells us. 

I am a red hat and want to continue serving the mission.

I noticed that there are several events scheduled near Huntsville and will sign up as we know more, waiting on CPAC is like waiting on Christmas.   

Any suggestions for a home range where I can shoot regularly?

Thanks, Chris
216 at Bald Knob, AR on 1/17/16
A rifleman persists; it took me six Appleseeds, a number of equipment changes and a trip to the eye doctor to qualify.  Pumpkinseed is my only daughter.

Mixed Metaphor

Early welcome to the Huntsville/Madison area!  I look forward to meeting you.  Local range availability depends on how far out you call local and how brave you are.  I, personally, avoid our local public range.  We do have a couple of private (members only) ranges that are reasonably close.  We are also only about 2-2.5 hour drive from the CMP Marksmanship Park in Talladega.  Please feel free to PM me and I will provide my phone number, if you'd like to talk.
May Liberty Increase,

J. Gary Smith

Alabama

WhiteDreams

Check out Strategic Edge Shooting Range.  They are in Chapel Hill, TN.  Reduced membership (apx. $120 annual) for long distance members.  Project Appleseed has had events there over Memorial Day weekend for several past years. 
Regards

CarrollMS

Consider signing up for the IBC in January that Google is hosting at the Bullit & Barrel, not far from Redstone. Maybe a place you would like to shoot https://www.bulletandbarrel.com/
"Pro Libertate"
Distinguished,
Known Distance,
Rimfire KD 200