News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

AAR KD Racine, WI July 20,2019

Started by BrightSparc, July 22, 2019, 08:28:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

BrightSparc

What a weekend!  One day Appleseed known distance events.  People came from the West (Madison, Wi) and the South (Illinois). We got out to an early start - and lucky we did.  Three fun AQTs were completed in near 100 degree weather with no shade.  Extreme event for the dedicated pit crew.  50% of the people attending earned their KD patches.

Shortly after lunch, the heat took its toll.  We retired to the 500 yard line to practice on steel at distance.  The weather started to cause us trouble as the temperature dropped more than 20 degrees and a storm front moved in - followed by another.  Several pauses were required as targets became obstructed in a torrential downpour.

Another successful KD.  Great people turned out and great team in Racine to smoothly run the event.

Bobasan

Had a great time at my first KD shoot.  Thanks to all the volunteers who came out even with the oppressive heat.

Bob
What goes around comes around and sometimes, for good or ill, I am what is coming around.

Bobasan

Here are some pictures of our intrepid shooters.
What goes around comes around and sometimes, for good or ill, I am what is coming around.

Bobasan

And a few more.