News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

AAR Nunn, Colorado Two Day Clinic 7/13-14 2019

Started by sleepy, July 15, 2019, 10:06:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

sleepy

Good shoot.

We had two shooters show of four signed up, and we had Hap Hapablap and myself to staff it. Good shooter-to-instructor ratio, though honesty compels me to admit I would have been happier to be overwhelmed with huge numbers of shooters attempting to walk-on.

The range, Great Guns, was supportive as always. "Great" is an accurate description; nice people, nice facility.

Weather on Saturday was hot and sunny, about 95f with little for winds. As we set up far forward of the club's normal firing line (and the shade), Hap Hapablap had the presence of mind to bring along an Ez-Up canopy and a tarp for the sunny side, both of which were helpful, and appropriate given only two shooters.

Due to low attendance, the shoot was pretty low-pressure once the target line was set up. There was ample time for coaching.

Our two shooters, Ryan and Dallas, were soaking up the instruction like a sponge. Both were first-timers.

We started early on Sunday morning, trying to beat the heat which made it up to about 90f. Clouds, rain, and plenty of wind made the afternoon a bit cooler, though the wind did mess with the shooting some, and the canopy a bunch!

Dallas and Ryan both shot well, largely scoring sharpshooter and marksman scores respectively. Both shooters had 10/22s, and both shooters had quite a few feeding issues which impacted scores in timed fire. Ryan had his first ever opportunity to fire an MSR, and was hooked!

No Rifleman patches were awarded. Redcoat scores left a lot to be desired, but were not really representative of the quality of shooting done. No hats were offered or accepted.

CMP certificates were awarded to both Ryan and Dallas for completion of the Appleseed. I expect Colorado will have a couple of new Garand owners soon.

Hap Hapablap did a great job with coaching and running the line. He also did a great job with his history, completing his IIT4. His IBC training under ITB really shows. It would not surprise me if next time we have a shoot in Nunn, he's the SB.

All in all, last weekend was a really nice time and place for good people to gather and work to make a difference.

HapHapablap

Thanks for the kind words, Sleepy.

We had a great time out there despite the low attendance and weather.

Now for some pics.

And finally, from my lofty position as an Orange Hat, I'd like to award one of our shooters, Ryan, with a special rocker I just made up.

Ryan whacked a bug at 25 meters.   ;D ;D

Do good, recklessly.

sleepy

I should've given Ryan five points for the skeeter instead of four.