News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

Wright City, MO July 13-14, 2019 AAR

Started by 209Ken, July 15, 2019, 09:13:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

209Ken

We had another great event at Bench Rest Rifle Club this weekend. A sold out line of shooters were ready to learn some marksmanship and celebrate our heritage. It was sunny and hot, but that didn't stop this group, they were a determined, dedicated bunch. They listened, applied what they learned and it showed in their improvement.

Six shooters earned their rifleman patches! Great job! There were at least 3 more who were so close they could almost touch it. You will get there - I think I heard somewhere that a Rifleman persists.  :cool2:

A special Thank You to Bench Rest Rifle Club, the range was in great shape as usual!
I also want to thank Shooter30-06 for making the trip across the river and helping us, you are welcome here any time. Both shooters and instructors benefited from your contributions this weekend.

It may take me a couple of days to arrange and post pictures, but don't let that stop you from posting comments or pictures in the mean time!
Give me six hours to chop down a tree and I will spend the first four sharpening the axe. - Abraham Lincoln

Shooter30-06

I want to thank Team Ken and the Missouri folks for warmly welcoming an Illinois border raider.  This is a superior venue and both the shooters and the instructors were wonderful to work with.  Congratulations to all the new Riflemen and one Iowa IIT in disguise who shot distinguished with an iron sight M1A.  Another special recognition to Team Thorton who largely shot bolt action rifles and at least three of them shot expert.  All of the shooters endured the hot weather without complaint and in a very safe manner.  Well done!
"We cannot insure success but we can deserve it."-John Adams
"Remember, all men would be tyrants if they could."-Daniel Defoe

209Ken

Give me six hours to chop down a tree and I will spend the first four sharpening the axe. - Abraham Lincoln

Chazzle

A BIG thank you to 209Ken, M-Dawg, Suitcase, and Shooter30-06 for running a top event!  I also want to congratulate Flintlock54 for earning his Red Hat!

Chazzle
"Those who expect to reap the blessings of freedom must, like men, undergo the fatigue of supporting it."
~Thomas Paine (1777)

NPOA is a cruel mistress....ignore her, and you'll be sorry! ~Chazzle (2019)

209Ken

I wanted to wait until it was official before I posted this last picture. Congratulations Flintlock54!  ^:)^

Flintlock54

We certainly enjoyed a great event. The story of Washington's crossing was powerful. And the weather was not cold to say the least
Acts 22:28. I was freeborn