News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

AAR Colorado Springs, CO July 20-21, 2019 - Pikes Peak Gun Club

Started by Luminous Rabbit, July 22, 2019, 11:45:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Luminous Rabbit

Nine hardy patriots turned out to Pikes Peak Gun Club to practice their marksmanship and hear a bit about american history.  And I do mean hardy - Saturday afternoon golf ball sized hail interrupted our first AQT, dented a few vehicles and shooters, and set us home for the day.  But a Rifleman persists, and on Sunday we came back and four of you shot a 210 or better on the AQT and received a rifleman patch.  A couple more were very close.

I'm proud of y'all for sticking it out through some of the worst weather I've ever had the misfortune to get stuck outdoors in.

Even though our first two shoots at Pikes Peak have included high winds, lightning, hail, a small flood, and a brush fire we're gluttons for punishment and we'll be back in September.  If you just missed that patch, that's your chance...

HapHapablap

Despite Mother Nature's objections, we had a great time out at Pikes Peak Gun Club this weekend. Thanks to our hosts.

To illustrate the kind of weather we had to deal with here's some video of me cowering in my car about five miles from the range heading home on Sunday.

Now for the pics:

Do good, recklessly.

Black Russian

That's weather on the high prairie! I believe michael80906's vehicle was totaled by the insurance carrier. Regarding the September shoot, the third time's a charm.
The Black Russian Terrier
"Bred to have the size, substance and temperament to stop, hold and, if necessary, destroy an adult male human."  Col. G Medvedev, Red Star Kennels

"Lighten up, Francis"  Sgt. Hulka (Warren Oates) from the movie Stripes