News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

Ohio has a new Shoot Boss, Huzzah

Started by Corvette, June 24, 2019, 12:51:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Corvette

Please join me in congratulating Cadence on his successful completion of this SBIT3 and his imminent promotion to Shoot Boss.  Cadence did an excellent job running our shoot this weekend in Marion, OH and I am thrilled to be the one to award him his SB hat. 

Corvette
Be bold, brave and forthright and the bold, the brave and the forthright will gather around you!

Shep

"The constitutions of most of our States assert that all power is inherent in the people; that... it is their right and duty to be at all times armed." -Thomas Jefferson

Corvette

Ohio,

Also, Cadence was awarded his "50 shoot" pin for working in excess of 50 shoots during his Appleseed "journey".  Double congratulations are due

Corvette
Be bold, brave and forthright and the bold, the brave and the forthright will gather around you!

HammBone

Way to go, Cadence! Looking forward to working with you again.
1st Appleseed/Cleared Redcoat/Rifleman: 4/20/2013 - Miamisburg, OH
1st Known Distance Rifleman: 11/3/2018 - New Philadelphia, OH
1st Winterseed Rifleman: 1/26/2019 - Liberty Center, OH
Donned the Red Hat: 6/16/2019 - Wilmington, OH

"Beware of an old man in a profession where men usually die young." - Anonymous

"Blessed is the man, who when facing death, thinks only of his front sight." - Jeff Cooper

cwcdl79

Huzzah cadence!  Thank you for taking the next step!

Corvette

Dom,

Would love to repeat this post soon.  What are you waiting for?  ;D

Corvette

Cadence

The real thanks goes to all the shoot bosses (Posterboy, Blindman, Corvette, Charley, Shep, Superheat, KAH and I'm sure I've missed some) that I have worked under and all the other instructors who helped mentor and guide me through this whole Appleseed experience.

I remember my first Appleseed where i was humbled to know that the history I thought I knew of this time period was way off. Posterboy had real knack for making you feel rather small by not knowing the true story of the day. I also remember being somewhat intimidated by the amount of knowledge and history that the instructors could impart from memory. I remember thinking there was no way I could ever stand before other people and speak before a group, let alone instruct others on a one to one basis.

No way could I become a Red Hat Instructor, let alone a Shoot Boss!

Thanks to everyone and look forward to seeing you in the trail.

"A general dissolution of principles and manners will more surely overthrow the liberties of America than the
whole force of the common enemy. While the people are virtuous they cannot be subdued; but when once they
lose their virtue then will be ready to surrender their liberties to the first external or internal invader."
~ Samuel Adams

Charles McKinley

THANK YOU!

It takes a ton of dedication to get here.  Now to carry the torch and pass it on.

I look forward to working withe you.

Chuck
Last evening, it occurred to me that when a defender of Liberty is called home, their load lands upon the shoulders of the defenders left behind. Just as the Founders did their duty for Liberty, every subsequent generation must continue their work lest Liberty perish. As there is no way for the remaining adults to take on the work of those that die, we must pass the ideals and duties on to the children. -PHenery

Crazyduckhunter

Way to go Cadence!!! Look forward to working a shoot with you as shootboss! Congrats!
^:)^

Nashville Stage

Congrats & well done! That's no mean feat.
"There are 10 types of people in the world. Those who understand binary, and those who don't."

Texas T

A hearty "Well-Done" to you. Thanks for putting forth the time and effort that it takes to reach this level. And think, it only took 50 events!!!  **)
"In the beginning of a change, the patriot is a scarce man, and brave, and hated and scorned. When his cause succeeds, the timid join him, for then it costs nothing to be a patriot."  Mark Twain

First Appleseed, September 26-27, 2015;   First Rifleman, September 27, 2015;   First Redcoat, September 27, 2015;   Second Rifleman, September 27, 2015

Thanks Corvette, great instruction!!!

MI IBC, February 2017

Cadence

I took my OH in 2011 - I wonder if there is a record for the slowest transition from OH to RH to shoot boss? I may be in the running!  >:D
"A general dissolution of principles and manners will more surely overthrow the liberties of America than the
whole force of the common enemy. While the people are virtuous they cannot be subdued; but when once they
lose their virtue then will be ready to surrender their liberties to the first external or internal invader."
~ Samuel Adams

Charley

Huzzah! Congratulations Cadence!

Charley, little buddy and yankee

Miki

‘Bout time!  ;) Congrats. Wow, Posterboy and KAH...blasts from the past. Nice we both got to know and work with them. See ‘ya soon.
Miki

Doc Willi

All tyranny needs to gain a foothold is for people of good conscience to remain silent.
Thomas Jefferson