News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

Planning Thread -- Carroll Ohio July 13-14, 2019

Started by Corvette, July 01, 2019, 11:30:41 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Corvette

Planning thread for upcoming shoot at Carroll, Ohio. 

Corvette
Be bold, brave and forthright and the bold, the brave and the forthright will gather around you!

Cactus Jack

Went by the club and measured the firing line.  I measured between 98-100 feet.  I don't know if that's enough space to possibly add a couple more shooters.
1st Appleseed  7/17  Carroll
2nd Appleseed 10/17  Newark
3rd Appleseed  7/18  Newark
Cleared Redcoat 7/18 Newark
Rifleman 7/18 (215)  Newark

"Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety."- Benjamin Franklin

Cadence

I will be down Friday afternoon/evening if you need help setting up the line. Let me know what you need me to bring (extra target backers, etc.).

Will be staying at my son's house for the weekend
"A general dissolution of principles and manners will more surely overthrow the liberties of America than the
whole force of the common enemy. While the people are virtuous they cannot be subdued; but when once they
lose their virtue then will be ready to surrender their liberties to the first external or internal invader."
~ Samuel Adams

Corvette

All,

Just an update, we have a sold out shoot this coming weekend and I am excited for this event.  Cactus Jack and the other LBOTG are planning a cookout for Sat night.  The club has an area that all of us will be camping at Fri and Sat night.  We should coordinate here to make the evening a feast for all of us. 

The club will not be able to offer lunch both days so everyone should plan on bringing lunch for both days.  I will be doing the usual Corvette breakfast for the instructors Sat and Sun for all those that are camping for the event.  I look forward to seeing all of you at the event. 

More to follow as we get our planning together. 

Corvette
Be bold, brave and forthright and the bold, the brave and the forthright will gather around you!

Corvette

Ok, time to start setting assignments for this weekend at Carroll.

First off, we have three IIT0's (Lozen, SirBob, and Chevyshooter).  Hopefully one of you guys will want to do your IIT1 PC.  Let me know who wants to step up.

And, CactusJack, can we get a PC2 out of you this weekend?

As to other assignments, I propose,

Parking lot duty                                            Cactus Jack
Registration                                                  Corvette with assist from Lozen
Range shooter assist                                      SirBob and Chevyshooter (Cadence floats)

Welcome and safety brief:                              Corvette
Line commands, Red Coat intro                       Cadence
Steady hold prone                                          Cadence
Six steps                                                       Cadence
NPOA                                                            Cadence
IMC                                                              Corvette or Cadence
First Strike                                                    Corvette
Steady hold seated                                        Cadence
Steady hold standing                                     Cadence
Second Strike                                               Cadence
Intro to AQT                                                  Cadence
Third Strike                                                   Corvette
Call to action                                                 Corvette

Sunday, same assignments as Sat for parking lot and registration.

DOM's                                                           Corvette or Cadence (Unless somebody else want to take a crack at one)

For planning purposes, who is planning on camping with us.  I need head count so I can size breakfast accordingly.  Also, CactusJack, what do we need to bring to support the Sat night cook out?  Please advise.

Looking forward to a great event.  And, thanks to all of you for helping.

Corvette

Cadence

I will be staying with my son for the weekend - I will catch breakfast on the way Sat & Sun.

Let me know what others are bringing for Sat. dinner and I'll see what I (i.e. wife) can supply - Onion shortcake again?
"A general dissolution of principles and manners will more surely overthrow the liberties of America than the
whole force of the common enemy. While the people are virtuous they cannot be subdued; but when once they
lose their virtue then will be ready to surrender their liberties to the first external or internal invader."
~ Samuel Adams

Cactus Jack

I was planning on doing foil dinners Saturday night.  I will bring all the meat and vegetables.  If a couple people could bring a side dish and a dessert.  I just need a head count in order to know how much meat to purchase.  I will be setting up camp Friday afternoon and can help with setting up the target line.   I would be willing to do Samuel Whittamore.  If anyone has any firewood they could bring that would be a big help. 

"Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety."- Benjamin Franklin

Corvette

CJ,

I will bring a bunch of macaroni salad and marinaded tomato salad.

Corvette

Cadence

I'll bring a dessert.

Do you need help in setting up the line?  - Let me know what time on Friday.
~ Samuel Adams

Corvette

All,

I plan to try to beat rush hour traffic and get to COCH around 5pm.  Anybody wanting to help setup are welcome to join me about then.

Corvette

Cactus Jack

I will be there by 5:00 to help set up.  My cousin Pat will be there for breakfast each day.  Saturday nights dinner will be yummy!!