News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

Battle Road Trip

Started by A-lister, June 25, 2019, 12:15:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

A-lister

What a great trip! Some of us in the Texas Cadre, Ghostring, Evee, Genxminuteman, and me Alister and my wife  made the journey to Massachusetts to walk The Freedom Trail and Battle Road! We met up with "Round Trip" a Red Hat from Boston who added much color to our journey.  :pop: We had a wonderful tour guide who led us every step of The Freedom Trail as a Redcoat! We later toasted his good health at the Green Dragon! Then on to Battle Road. What an emotional couple of days that was. Lexington Green , The North Bridge, Miriam's Corner, Parker's Revenge and the Bloody Angle were but a few of our stops. A huge thanks to Fred for planting the seed in us and inspiring us on in this great Venture. :F
We in America do not have government by the majority-we have government by the majority who participate......All tyranny needs to gain a foothold is for people of good conscience to remain silent.
Thomas Jefferson

Mrs. Smith

I'm so jealous!  The one time I walked the Freedom Trail I was by myself, and it's such a different experience with friends.  It shows, though, that once isn't enough!  My tour guide was Ebenezer Hancock, John's younger, and somewhat less fiscally proficient brother.  To have the tour conducted by a Redcoat must have been a very different experience!

Thank you for sharing the pics, and for taking each and every one of us with you in spirit.

I wonder, though.... Ghostring said something to me about putting a certain patch in every photo? ^-^  I didn't see it in even ONE.  You guys either forgot to do it, or were SUPER sneaky!  Knowing Ghostring, I'm going with sneaky  :cool2:
"Being powerful is like being a lady. If you have to tell people you are, you aren't." - Margaret Thatcher

You can have peace, or you can have freedom. Don't ever count on having both at once. - Robert A. Heinlein

"A generation which ignores history has no past, and no future." - Lazarus Long

"What we do now echoes in eternity." Marcus Aurelius

Waco 1-17       Waco 1-19     El Paso 7-19       Alamogordo 5-20     Albuquerque 7-21       Houston 8-21 (SBC)    Colorado Springs  2-22 (SBC)    Midland 8-22 (KDIBC)     Albuquerque 2-23      Harvard 5-23      El Paso 12-23 (PIBC)     Phoenix 2-24    El Paso 3-24

Jerry Hall

Thanks Y'all for sharing your adventure to the foundations of our Liberties.
And to the photographer(s), thanks for all the pic's.
Jerry
"The significant problems we face today cannot be solved with the same level of thinking that we were at when we created them. Albert Einstein."

"One Nation under God, indivisible, with liberty and justice for all."

scuzzy

Cool! Did y'all hit Buckman Tavern?  :beer:
An Armed Society is a polite society. Heinlein.

PaleRider

Love it! I'd like to get there some day!
Tim
"And I looked, and behold a pale horse; and his name that sat on him was Death, and Hell followed with him." Rev 6:8

Snow Snake

I am so envious,this is number one on  my bucket list.Maybe next April 19th.Wouldn't it be great if it could be done as  an A/S  group/tour.Could our Massachusetts members advise,organize or locate a good tour company?
                             Ken                                :F
Without Knowledge,Skill cannot be focused.Without Skill,Strength cannot be brought to bear and without Strength,Knowledge may not be applied.
   - Alexander The Great
"The other side of every fear is a freedom."- Ferguson
" Hey Mikey, I'm about to punch that time clock"-Lone Survivor

A-lister

Hey Scuzzy we did visit Buckman Tavern. And we had a Buckman Beer, Root Beer that is!  :beer:
We in America do not have government by the majority-we have government by the majority who participate......All tyranny needs to gain a foothold is for people of good conscience to remain silent.
Thomas Jefferson

The Wolfhound

Sounds like a wonderful trip.  I congratulate you all for making the Hadj.