News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

308 ammo. Pile it high and stack it deep.

Started by stoneknives, May 29, 2019, 10:33:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

stoneknives

Pile it high and stack it deep.

Sportsmans Guide has 500 rounds of Wolf Military Classic 145gr 308fmj for $157.69 for SG Club Members. WX2-81635

I know some of the ammo snobs will turn up their noses at anything than vintage '08 Lake City with their custom blended powder and a 168 and 1/2gr  bullet on top.
Here's the deal, it shoot's OK 2moa plus off the bench. It functions well in my AR10. Sooty? Yes, its Russian. But it's never given me any function issues. Unlike some of that surplus Malaysian and Ethiopian crap of recent import.

At that price stack it on the bottom and thank the good Lord you got it if you ever need it.

H
"When men's rules are Honorable and Just I will follow them. When I find the laws tolerable, I will tolerate them. When I find the rules obnoxious, I will ignore them. When I find evil imposed or codified, I will War against it. My Lord has made it known and understood to me that to accept the gift of freedom I will alone bear the full responsibility everything I do, or chose not to do." I .......    "This is Appleseed. We are here to restore the Republic. Tyrants, major or petty, need not apply."  I .......

"I stand with the mission, Sir" PHenry

B.C.

The "spam cans" of this stuff will likely be around way longer than me! And hey, if nothing else they make a good boat anchor.
"Speak softly and carry a big boom stick"
"Fortune favors the bold"

Savage22

Just spent invested a good chunk of money on reloading supplies, ammo, and extra mags at prices I couldn't pass up. Years from now, we will look back at these days and wish we bought more.
They tell us, sir, that we are weak; unable to cope with so formidable an adversary. But when shall we be stronger? Will it be the next week, or the next year? Will it be when we are totally disarmed, and when a British guard shall be stationed in every house? Shall we gather strength by irresolution and inaction? Shall we acquire the means of effectual resistance by lying supinely on our backs and hugging the delusive phantom of hope, until our enemies shall have bound us hand and foot? Sir, we are not weak if we make a proper use of those means which the God of nature hath placed in our power.
― Patrick Henry

Savage22

By the way, here is a valuable tool for finding some deals/bargains.... www.ammoseek.com

They tell us, sir, that we are weak; unable to cope with so formidable an adversary. But when shall we be stronger? Will it be the next week, or the next year? Will it be when we are totally disarmed, and when a British guard shall be stationed in every house? Shall we gather strength by irresolution and inaction? Shall we acquire the means of effectual resistance by lying supinely on our backs and hugging the delusive phantom of hope, until our enemies shall have bound us hand and foot? Sir, we are not weak if we make a proper use of those means which the God of nature hath placed in our power.
― Patrick Henry