News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

AAR Coshocton, Ohio May 18 & 19, 2019

Started by Corvette, May 20, 2019, 12:15:25 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Corvette

Well we had another great Appleseed at the Coshocton Gun Club in Coshocton, Ohio this weekend. Fourteen motivated shooters showed up Saturday morning to work on their Marksmanship skills. It was raining prior to the start of Saturday morning but it abated before shooters arrived for registration. 

Once all the shooters had arrived, we completed the normal welcome and moved to the safety briefing. Rifles were brought to the line and the Saturday morning Red Coats was shot.  Results showed we had potential. We had 8 of 14 at 100,  6 at 200 and 300,  3 at 400, 2 joined Daniel Morgan and we had two cleared Red Coats. (Nathan and Bob).  Wow, what a great start to a great weekend. 

We moved to the steady hold factors in prone, followed by the six steps and NPOA instructions.  Related drills were shot and the morning moved on to shooting sighter groups in anticipation of IMC.  We broke for lunch where we enjoyed a First Strike from Texas T and an IMC presentation from Corvette. Shooters returned to the line after lunch to continue their work.

Sights were adjusted, confirmation groups were shot and a second round of sight adjustments were made with confirmation groups shot.

At that point, we were ready to move on.

Next was steady hold instruction in seated and standing which were followed by related drills. The Second Strike was presented by Aragorn at our afternoon break and we returned to the line for a practice AQT.

The day ended with the Saturday afternoon Red Coat which showed some improvement.  We had 11 of 14 at 100,  8 at 200, 5 at 300, 1 at 400, and 5 joined Daniel Morgan.,  This was followed by a Third Strike from Corvette and a call to action to all to get active in their local communities.

Sunday dawned sunny and all the shooters returned for day two, Huzzah. The morning Red Coat was shot and we moved on to carding the sights to work on our NPOA skills. We moved next to the AQT's. In the morning, we had a number of Rifleman scores shot.

Christina and Bob both re-qualified with scores of 217 and 229 respectively.  And, we made a new Riflewoman.  Lynda from The Well Armed Woman chapter in Columbus, Ohio earned her patch with a 211.  This was special for me as I have worked personally with Lynda for two prior events and it was great to see her join the list of Ohio Riflemen/Riflewomen. Huzzah!

We presented KD instructions at lunch and returned to the line to shoot two more AQT's.  We presented the DOM's at the afternoon break and shot the Sunday afternoon Red Coat after the AQT's. We wrapped up a little early to beat a storm front that was headed our way.

Our thanks to the Coshocton Gun Club for hosting our event and my thanks to TexasT and Aragorn for helping with this event. 
Be bold, brave and forthright and the bold, the brave and the forthright will gather around you!

Diesel Dog

A great weekend, indeed. My son, my dad and I all had a great time. Dad and I are already talking about a KD event and my son is asking when we can go to another Appleseed event. This wasn't our first and likely won't be our last event!

As a side note, I just registered for the forum and seem to be unable to send a PM, but I do have some questions for Corvette about the KD events. If you could get in touch with me through the forum, I would appreciate it greatly.

Corvette

Diesel Dog,

I sent you a PM, you should be able to reply to it from the forum with your questions.

Corvette
Be bold, brave and forthright and the bold, the brave and the forthright will gather around you!

Dragonfly Warrior

Thank you to all of the instructors, Corvette, Aragorn and Texas T.  It was truly a fine weekend of instruction as always.  And yes on my 3rd AS I finally got in just ahead of the North Bridge and scored Rifleman.  It was wonderful to get my patch from Corvette.  He has been an inspiration as well as Bob was there from my first shoot.  My only regret is cwcdl79 (Dom) was not there to see it.  We were messaging throughout the weekend and he has been coaching me for months via messenger. 

I also said "yes" to the orange hat!  I am already and instructor via NRA for several platforms and now I can learn the AS way!  My dad was in the Army, my uncles were in the military, my neice and her husband are Air Force and my son is in the Air Force as well.  This is truly the most amazing country.  Huzzah!   :F

Corvette

Some pics from this past weekend.

Corvette

Corvette

:pics:

Where are the other pics from last weekend? I am sure there are more to share.

Corvette

Texas T

Here they come...

Starting with some instruction on the basics:
"In the beginning of a change, the patriot is a scarce man, and brave, and hated and scorned. When his cause succeeds, the timid join him, for then it costs nothing to be a patriot."  Mark Twain

First Appleseed, September 26-27, 2015;   First Rifleman, September 27, 2015;   First Redcoat, September 27, 2015;   Second Rifleman, September 27, 2015

Thanks Corvette, great instruction!!!

MI IBC, February 2017

Texas T

Spending the morning putting things together, then lunch and IMC...
"In the beginning of a change, the patriot is a scarce man, and brave, and hated and scorned. When his cause succeeds, the timid join him, for then it costs nothing to be a patriot."  Mark Twain

First Appleseed, September 26-27, 2015;   First Rifleman, September 27, 2015;   First Redcoat, September 27, 2015;   Second Rifleman, September 27, 2015

MI IBC, February 2017

Texas T

Overviews of the line...

MI IBC, February 2017

Texas T

What a group of sharpshooters...

MI IBC, February 2017

Texas T

Finishing the day with some history...

MI IBC, February 2017

Texas T

Sunday morning brought another beautiful day, plenty of time to perfect skills, then hear about KD...

MI IBC, February 2017

Texas T

All of the work paid off!

MI IBC, February 2017

Texas T

A glimpse into the future...

MI IBC, February 2017

Crazyduckhunter

WOW looks like you had a great event. Sorry that I had to miss it due to making some much needed improvements at Orwell this past weekend.
And another big Huzzah to Dragonfly Warrior for crossing that 210 bridge and especially for stepping up and taking that orange hat.  :F