News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

New Braunfels (San Antonio) KD AAR - May 18-19, 2019

Started by PaleRider, May 20, 2019, 12:24:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

PaleRider

Wow! Beautiful (but hot) weekend out at the Central Texas Silhueta Association's 500m range in New Braunfels. Love this range! Anyway, we had a total of 10 shooters with 4 of them not being instructors. With that kind of ratio, we were able to devote a LOT of attention to our first-timers :).

First of all, congratulations to Rob (instructor/requal) and Chris (IIT) who crew in El Paso! They both qualified with Rob doing it with two different rifles! First with his AR and then with his .308 bolt gun! Yep, I said BOLT ACTION! Great work, guys!

Lydia, David, Art, and Jordan all got their DOPE right out of the gate, and all we had to do was re-emphasize steady hold factors and the six steps to firing the shot! It was just the fundamentals that seemed to prevent them from getting their KD patches. That's why we say what works at 25m works at 400yds! Don't forget what you learned at 25m  &). Great job, though!

We wrapped up the day with a little "Steel D Therapy." Rodger (Two Wolves) has an AR500 D center that has a Magnetospeed flasher attached to it. We set it up at the end of the day Sunday at 500m and gave each shooter six shots with a spotter (and bipod if they wanted). What a fun piece of equipment that is! Everyone hit it at least once, and "Eagle Eye" Rob hit it FIVE TIMES!

Thanks to all of the instructors who helped out! Jerry, other Jerry, Bill, Chris, Rob, Jason, Rodger, and Padraic. Ghostring (Jim) showed up for a little while, but he headed up to Waco to help out there.

We have two more KDs this year in October and November, so if you're so inclined, GET SIGNED UP!

Thanks all for a great shoot!
Tim
"And I looked, and behold a pale horse; and his name that sat on him was Death, and Hell followed with him." Rev 6:8

AF5US

"Major storm" turned in to "minor sprinkles on day 1" - nothing to stop a team of riflemen!  :F

This was an excellent shoot - I think it's safe to say that we all enjoyed working together, from both sides of the line.  Thanks team!

Oh, and PaleRider - you were saying something about instructors using irons being crazy and hard headed, but I didn't seem to have any problems on the 1 AQT I squeezed in?  :cool2:

;D
Rifleman:                          04/2016
Known Distance Rifleman:  10/2018
Pistoleerâ„¢:                          08/2019
Distinguished Rifleman:      07/2020
Morgan's Shingle:              12/2021
Standing Morgan's Shingle: 11/2022
Member: GOA (Gun Owners of America)
Member: FPC (Firearms Policy Coalition)
Life Member: NRA (National Rifle Association)

ACPjunkie

PaleRider, thanks for the outstanding shoot. you guys put some significant leg work into the event before hand and it shows. It ran well and it seemed as if we were able to maintain a solid head of steam throughout the weekend.

You have a solid group of instructors on your end of the state and it shows.

We appreciate the opportunity to come out and get some trigger time.

Thanks

Rob

I should have a 1903 Springfield to shoot the next course with, that fancy smancy bolt gun was too easy  :P
"It aint mystical $@!+"  VAshooter

Front Sight focus is true enlightenment

PaleRider

AF5US,
Wait until you get to be my age. THEN try the iron sights! LOL! Lots of fun, guys! Thanks for making it a great weekend!
Tim
"And I looked, and behold a pale horse; and his name that sat on him was Death, and Hell followed with him." Rev 6:8

AF5US

Quote from: PaleRider on May 21, 2019, 12:34:58 PM
AF5US,
Wait until you get to be my age. THEN try the iron sights! LOL! Lots of fun, guys! Thanks for making it a great weekend!
Tim

;D
Hey, I've said from the beginning that I'm just enjoying it while it lasts - and that some day, it won't.  I don't give other people a hard time for using scopes  O0
Rifleman:                          04/2016
Known Distance Rifleman:  10/2018
Pistoleerâ„¢:                          08/2019
Distinguished Rifleman:      07/2020
Morgan's Shingle:              12/2021
Standing Morgan's Shingle: 11/2022
Member: GOA (Gun Owners of America)
Member: FPC (Firearms Policy Coalition)
Life Member: NRA (National Rifle Association)

Jerry Hall

Greetings All.
Thanks everyone for a fine weekend of Known Distance Rifle Marksmanship fun, mixed with a good helping of American History and Heritage.
I had a grand time shooting with y'all and hope to do it again sometime.
Should any of you be coming to the Instructor Boot Camp in July, should you be able to come a day early we would probably be able to go shooting at the Ft Bliss Rod and Gun Club
for half of the day.
"till we meet again". Happy Trails,
Jerry
"The significant problems we face today cannot be solved with the same level of thinking that we were at when we created them. Albert Einstein."

"One Nation under God, indivisible, with liberty and justice for all."

A-lister

Way to go guys! Sounds like it was another great shoot. Keep up the good work. We are still fighting the city and county here trying to get our range back.  :wb: But have hopes that patriotism will conquer all! :F
We in America do not have government by the majority-we have government by the majority who participate......All tyranny needs to gain a foothold is for people of good conscience to remain silent.
Thomas Jefferson

Don'tFix1776

A-lister, sorry to hear the update on Alice is not where you want it to be yet. I think it is starting to seem political -- parties following their platform and such, (which includes kyboshing such civic events on a local level to limit interest over time); however, you are on the front lines of that endeavor so forgive my speculation. Hopefully all involved will see it is a benefit to the community.
-- Marshall
Rifleman: Alice, TX Shoot 2018
KD Rifleman: New Braunfels, TX Shoot 2020
Morgan's Shingle: New Braunfels, TX Shoot 2023

Greater love hath no man than this, that a man lay down his life for his friends. John 15:13 KJV