News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

NRA RSO Course

Started by Sgt-at-Arms, May 16, 2019, 02:38:16 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sgt-at-Arms

Attached is a link to sign up

https://www.nrainstructors.org/CourseDetails.aspx?Courseid=534561&seats=25&State=y&SearchState=TN&id=5&bsa=&youth=&women=

A gentleman by the name of Coach Ray Harvey has agreed to come to Waverly TN on Sat July 13th 8am-5pm and conduct the NRA Certified Range Safety Officer Course.... for Cost! $25 pays for your Student Packet and Shipping. Of course there's additional cost to the NRA when you register with the NRA, about another $35. But the Instructor is giving his time to teach for Free! This same course, anywhere else would cost atleast$75!

Many of you are aware that some Ranges require NRA Certified Cadre Members to conduct a Clinic. As does the BSA to hold a Riflery Wknd or event in order for the boys to earn their Merit Badge.

Please if there's any interested, contact me here and register on the link.

For the Mission  :F,

S@A

Kenneth Dawyne Pirtle
"Sgt-at-Arms"

"we mutually pledge to each other our Lives, our Fortunes and our sacred Honor."

Nashville Stage

That sounds like a good opportunity. Do you know how long the certification is good for?
"There are 10 types of people in the world. Those who understand binary, and those who don't."

Monkey

Quote from: Nashville Stage on May 16, 2019, 09:44:34 AM
That sounds like a good opportunity. Do you know how long the certification is good for?

Renewable every two years, methinks.
"5 minutes for this stage - that's like a week in people years!"

"Responsibility is a unique concept... You may share it with others, but your portion is not diminished. You may delegate it, but it is still with you... If responsibility is rightfully yours, no evasion, or ignorance or passing the blame can shift the burden to someone else. Unless you can point your finger at the man who is responsible when something goes wrong, then you have never had anyone really responsible."
― Hyman G. Rickover

"Scoring is a function of great execution, and winning Is the result, but thinking about winning can pull your focus off of proper execution in a competition. Thinking about process is the answer."- Lanny Bassham

Tennessee Beast

In giving us dominion over the animal kingdom, God has signified His will that we subdue the beast within ourselves.
John Lancaster Spalding

They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety.
Benjamin Franklin, 1775

"A free people ought not only to be armed, but disciplined; to which end a uniform and well-digested plan is requisite; and their safety and interest require that they should promote such manufactories as tend to render them independent of others for essential, particularly military, supplies."  George Washington 1790

"[T]o preserve liberty, it is essential that the whole body of the people always possess arms, and be taught alike, especially when young, how to use them…"
- Richard Henry Lee, Declaration Signer

Practice every time you get a chance. - Bill Monroe

Rev.357

These are good courses. Better instructors put on better courses. The know what's on your line maxim is central. Same as Appleseed. It's good to hear the same thing from another vantage point. BTW Tennessee Beast, I love the Franklin quote.
He that beliveth on the Son hath everlasting life: John 3:36
Life: Endowed by our Creator, made possible by Christ the Lord.

Stand fast therefore in the liberty wherewith Christ hath made us free, and be not entangled again with the yoke of bondage. Galatians 5:1
Liberty: Endowed by our Creator, made possible by Christ the Lord.

Repent yet therefore, and be converted, Acts 3:19
Pursuit of Happiness: Endowed by our Creator, coined by John Locke, made possible by Christ our Lord.

Author of: "Ad  Hoc,  Post Hoc; Educational Programs In Camping." Christian Education Journal, Winter 1993.
Author of: Interpersonal Physics: Authority Statics and Effectivity Dynamics as Factors of Influence. Wheaton,  IL: UMI 1991.

Sgt-at-Arms

3 wks left to register, deadline June 28th.

https://www.nrainstructors.org/CourseDetails.aspx?Courseid=534561&seats=25&State=y&SearchState=TN&id=5&bsa=&youth=&women=

Contact me if any questions. Feel free to copy and share the link anywhere you'd like!

For the Mission  :F

S@A
Kenneth Dawyne Pirtle
"Sgt-at-Arms"

"we mutually pledge to each other our Lives, our Fortunes and our sacred Honor."

Sgt-at-Arms

Last wk to register! Deadline is Friday June 28th.   We have 7 spots left out of 20. Contact me if any questions.
Kenneth Dawyne Pirtle
"Sgt-at-Arms"

Tennessee Beast

I really enjoyed the course.  Maddie, Pirtle, and I represented Project Appleseed.  We passed out flyers and am pretty sure we will get some sign-ups because of our actions.  The picture is courtesy of Pirtle.
In giving us dominion over the animal kingdom, God has signified His will that we subdue the beast within ourselves.
John Lancaster Spalding

They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety.
Benjamin Franklin, 1775

"A free people ought not only to be armed, but disciplined; to which end a uniform and well-digested plan is requisite; and their safety and interest require that they should promote such manufactories as tend to render them independent of others for essential, particularly military, supplies."  George Washington 1790

"[T]o preserve liberty, it is essential that the whole body of the people always possess arms, and be taught alike, especially when young, how to use them…"
- Richard Henry Lee, Declaration Signer

Practice every time you get a chance. - Bill Monroe

PHenry

Great deal! One of the venues I work requires it and cost me better'n $250 by the time I took the class and registered with the NRA. I was the only guy in the room with any RO experience at all and only one other fellow (former military) had done any shooting. I ran the math as I sat there - between Appleseeds and my club, I have north of 2600 hours on the firing line - yikes. 
Para ser Libre, un Hombre debe tener tres cosas. La Tierra, una Educacion, y un Fusil. Siempre, un Fusil!  Emiliano Zapata

Sgt-at-Arms

TB, thanks for coming out bud. It was a good class, great value too! 17 participants over all, with 3 Appleseeders, 6 American Legion members, 6 Scout Leaders + 1 Scout volunteer, and a cpl Responsible Citizens. There was prolly 100 yrs of quality shooting experience and coaching in that room, from back yards to Olympic training fields. Hoozah!

For the Mission  :F

S@A
Kenneth Dawyne Pirtle
"Sgt-at-Arms"