News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

"Stop the Bleed" classes

Started by The Wolfhound, May 14, 2019, 08:16:21 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Wolfhound

There are plenty around the Commonwealth.  While it is nowhere near what we trained with "Oddsreven", it will be a good refresher.  If you missed that training, this is a great starter.  Did I mention it is FREE?  Hey, it is FREE!

https://www.bleedingcontrol.org/may

BadFishy

Nice, thanks for posting the link!
"The condition upon which God hath given liberty to man is eternal vigilance." -- John Philpot Curran

OddsREven

It should be time for CPR cards to be expiring. Do we want to do a refresher of what we did before? I am a Stop the Bleed instructor if we want to do that.

Kim

The Wolfhound

Probably time to run your full program again.  Refresh some of us and train a few more.  Monkey is trying to pull together an IBC (with or without range time) and this would be a great segment.  If we go non shooting, I can likely get my conference room again. Where ever it happens a "stop the bleed" segment would be a useful addition to instructor curriculum.

Monkey

Quote from: The Wolfhound on October 04, 2019, 08:56:17 AM
Probably time to run your full program again.  Refresh some of us and train a few more.  Monkey is trying to pull together an IBC (with or without range time) and this would be a great segment.  If we go non shooting, I can likely get my conference room again. Where ever it happens a "stop the bleed" segment would be a useful addition to instructor curriculum.

YES YES YES YES YES

Kim, let's talk sometime on Sunday about your availability to do this class.  It was exceptionally helpful for instructors from VA, MD, and SC that attended last year, and will no doubt be a great draw for an associated IBC.
"5 minutes for this stage - that's like a week in people years!"

"Responsibility is a unique concept... You may share it with others, but your portion is not diminished. You may delegate it, but it is still with you... If responsibility is rightfully yours, no evasion, or ignorance or passing the blame can shift the burden to someone else. Unless you can point your finger at the man who is responsible when something goes wrong, then you have never had anyone really responsible."
― Hyman G. Rickover

"Scoring is a function of great execution, and winning Is the result, but thinking about winning can pull your focus off of proper execution in a competition. Thinking about process is the answer."- Lanny Bassham

Moylan

It would be very interesting to at least this NC instructor this time around, depending on timing and location! 
The chief mark of the Declaration of Independence is the theory of equality.  It is the pure classic conception that no man must aspire to be anything more than a citizen, and that no man should endure to be anything less. 

--GK Chesterton

I believe in liberty very much as Jefferson did, allowing for the fact that a hundred years of history and experience have taught me to believe a little more than he did in original sin.

--also GK Chesterton

OddsREven

To those instructors who don't make the Virginia class, I am portable and can come to you with enough planning. All I ask is that you cover my expenses for the CPR cards and training supplies.

Kim