News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

AAR May 4-5, 2019 Matamoras PA First Ever Appleseed Pistol Clinic // Instructors

Started by StevenK, May 05, 2019, 08:26:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

StevenK

No fair weather patriots here....
In March MK1765 and I joined our instructors from all corners of America to attend the Appleseed Pistol Clinic event in Malabar FL.  We were honored to be selected to attend this event and work with Tom Kehoe (Malabar) and others with nationwide launching of this excellent course. 

We were anxious to bring this back NorthEast to PA and so this weekend marked the first ever PA Project Appleseed Appleseed Pistol Clinic event.  Seven signed, but Five of our instructor corps attended. Truly unavoidable circumstances precluded Attendance of our last two faithful Patriots.  :'(. We will see them soon. 

We went through every piece of the manual in administrative and "hands on" application. The manual is excellent as written and the course is informative and fun.  Many thanks to those in attendance-JillianM, Red Coat Rival, and Grumpy1 qualified with 450 or above. PatD and Drifter52 were close but no cigar. MK1765 also qualified with one COF on single PQT after taking a short break from the line commands.

This course is within reach of newcomers although qualification requires work-still, experienced shooters will recognize its demands. Instructors and shoot bosses will find themselves in new yet certainly familiar new waters as much is adapted from our Rifle manual.

I intend to run this Instructor Course in West PA once this can be arranged. Many thanks to all involved in FL this March and especially to all named in the Manual who conceived of this idea and provided the framework for our efforts this weekend.

Never give up-let us as individuals remember our heritage and never regard ourselves as trivial. Remember-no single raindrop ever feels responsible for the flood.

Yours in Liberty.

Cold Warrior

Huzzah!
I can't wait to experience it!

:F
"The hour is fast approaching, on which the Honor and Success of the Appleseed mission, and the safety of our bleeding Country depend. Remember citizens, that you are free men and women, fighting for the blessings of Liberty; that slavery will be your portion, and that of your posterity, if you do not acquit yourselves like Riflemen." ~ GW & Fred

Grumpy1

This was a Great Event

StevenK and MK1765 brought this program back to Instructors, after they attended a train the trainer event in Florida. 
It was a fun,  and informative event, the course topics are broken down nicely,  step by step, to build a solid position, 6 steps,  trigger  control, NPOA, much of what Appleseed Instructors are already used to, but definitely different.
The time restraints were challenging, but this shows the importance of first shot on target quickly, and then recovering, for next shot..

This was my first Formal Pistol class, but I am not a new shooter (much like my first Appleseed). I found it to be challenging and rewarding, getting a solid set of basics will definitely help me become more consistent and effective.

I would recommend this class to anyone that has the chance to attend.

Thank You too all, that made this course possible :F
Ninshos Battle Road IBC 6-13

"They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety."
Benjamin Franklin

" The Beauty of The Second Amendment is that it will not be needed until they try to take it"
Thomas Jefferson

Crazyduckhunter

Looking forward to when this gets spread over to western PA. I do not consider myself a competent pistol shooter so I am thinking that I will have a pretty steep learning curve myself. mmm..Kinda like my first Appleseed was and the 2nd and the.....

MK1765

Thanks Grumpy1. You guys were great ‘students'.