News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

AAR Missoula, MT April 26-27, 2019 Patriot's Day Shoot

Started by peterlandsiedel, May 01, 2019, 11:44:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

peterlandsiedel

The Western Montana Fish and Game Association shooting range (aka the "Deer Creek" range) hosted the 2019 Patriot's Day shoot.  Ten shooters and three instructors mustered at the range for a weekend of marksmanship, history, and camaraderie.

I want to thank Slainte and paulhutchison for volunteering their time to come out and instruct with me.  Always a grand time with you two.  We had a diverse group of shooters, all of whom showed persistence, grit, and enthusiasmâ€"despite the rain/hail/wind on Saturday afternoon.  I was especially impressed with out three youth shooters, who never once whined or complained about the downright miserable conditions on Saturday.

We had Marshall come out and requalify as a Rifleman, scoring an eye-popping 248!  Paul V. came out once again, and proved that he still knows very well what he is about, and requalified as well.  We had two new rifleman this weekend, Kjell and Nate! Congrats to all four of you for earning and re-earning those patches.  The rest of the crew saw significant improvement and I saw lots of scores in the 180s and 190s.  A little dry practice and you'll all get there.

Again, it was a pleasure meeting all of you.  You are the reason I'm a part of this program and I am grateful that people like you find marksmanship and America's heritage worth learning. 

KjellKod

We had a blast. Thanks for the report!

Kjell & Genevieve