News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

Now We Come to Kingsport

Started by SamD, January 31, 2009, 08:05:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

SamD

You folks are a little ways out, about 5 weeks till your Appleseed.
I won't give ya'll an injun burn jest yet but I hope someone is running with this one.

Who is the Rifleman on the scene, the person whats organizing?

http://www.gunbroker.com/User/DealerNetwork.asp
gets you to where you can find the area dealers. shops and 'smiths.
http://www.yellowpages.com/
tells you where teh sporting goods stores in the area are (hopefully non of them whale watchers like Santa Barbaree out in 'fornia  :D)

If you was to get say 20 people signed up on that EventBrite thing you can avoid the humiliation of having a 4 shooter Appleseed.

I promise to get my cousin Eric to drive up from Kodak to shoot with ya. Of course if I have to get the Sneedville and Lutrell Damewoods after ya, it'll be a bad thing.
Beat the bushes afore it gets to be clownbat time &)

student

That would be me.

I've got some helpers putting out flyers.

The more help the better.  I won't turn anyone down. :)

Aaron
Live the life others gave up for you.

www.skillgarden.net

Lead, Follow, or Get out of the way!

SamD

I know you'll keep effective fire on it student.  We need to drum you up some help. From here it looks like you're sitting up on Hill 199 all alone,down to 40 rounds and the sun is setting.

Guess we need to get the cooks, bakers, supply clerks and dog robbers out of bed and headed up the hill.

Sam

Fred

Sam, Student is in the Great "Volunteer State" - Tennessee.

He's prob up to his neck in volunteers, already.

Or can you use one or two more?

Hey, if you are from Tennessee, don't wait until you are asked by Student - show your mettle, and step forward without being asked. PM Student to see how you can help. Or post here, if you want to.

I'm willing to bet that the "great volunteer state" is a thing of the past, and that Tennessee is wall-to-wall with useless couch-sitters, gazing at the plasma TV, occasionally wiping the drool off (I hope!). Prob even worse than Texas... ;D

PS: Kingsport can use volunteers from western NC, eastern KY, and western VA - you guys are all within an easy drive...
"Ready to eat dirt and sweat bore solvent?" - Ask me how to become an RWVA volunteer!

"...but he that stands it now, deserves the thanks of man and woman alike..."   Paine

"If you can read this without a silly British accent, thank a Revolutionary War veteran" - Anon.

"We have it in our power to begin the world over again" - Thomas Paine

What about it, do-nothings? You heard the man, jump on in...

oldgrunt

Dont forget about the post on guncollectorsforum.com I have been bumping the thread there.I'm not from the hillbilly state but have been trying to spark up something there for this effort... Keep this in mind folks they seem to bounce from one place to the other on the state forums they have there.....

The POC for that forum is coorslightguy he has a radio show that he would like someone with  talking points to call in and say what we are about Im not good on air but the others here might be able to talk the talk
Follow Me..I am the Infantry..
                                         Iron Mike

THE MAN COMES AROUND..Johnny Cash

"If there must be trouble,..Let it be in my day,That my child may have peace".....

THOMAS PAINE

The Machine

Pssst...I'm talking very softly because everyone is still asleep, except student, right? Just wanted to give you an inside tip...I heard one of these  &) is heading your way. Why? Because this shoot is approaching fast and less than 15% of the line will be full--what gives?

Could it be the location?
NO! [Back to whisper] Ooops...sorry...as I was saying...I took the time to look into this anomaly of low turnout at this primo location, and it befuddles me. Let's look at the site stats...

• Strategic location - It's the only Appleseed happening in E TN, and the Western VA, NW NC, and SE KY areas. Also, easy access from several highways.
  • Beautiful countryside - Ideal for an extended family stay, before and/or after the event. They even have camping accommodations right at Pathfinders.
  • Range features - No range fee, and folks can shoot .22 and CF. Plenty of room on the line--50 shooters.
  • Program expansion - This is a perfect place to recruit young folks into the Cause; since it is a youth development center and camp. Pathfinders and Appleseed...oh, the possibilities...

So what am I missing? Could it be that the volunteers, in the state of volunteers, are having a slumber party? If so, how come I wasn't invited? After all...we're neighbors. I wouldn't be able to come anyhow, because I'm busy working on this crusade to save our country--Appleseed--but it would have been a nice neighborly gesture, regardless. Well, rest peacefully my tired friends, while I mozy over to funfaler's post about "Missed Opportunities"...maybe you all can read it when you're not busy...it's a good one.  O0

"I proudly support limited government and unlimited common sense"

"One of the great advantages of the American Revolution has been, that it led to a discovery of the principles, and laid open the imposition, of governments." - Thomas Paine 1792

"It does not take many words to speak the truth"