News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

Patriots'

Started by M1bzrk, April 29, 2019, 12:54:56 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

M1bzrk

Patriots' Day 2019 Laramie  Wyoming
Saturday 27 April
The rain of the night before quit, but we were faced with blustery breezes and intermittent sunshine all day.
Three Patriots were on the line that morning, ranging in age from 11 to 78!  Sophia, the youngest, was the only one to use an AR.  Everyone else used 10/22s with tech-sights, scopes or red dots.  After the pledge, safety briefing & introductions we concentrated  getting sighted-in and fundamentals.
After lunch and the completion of the 3 Strikes, shooters settled in and shot an AQT.  Scores were not as good
as hoped for -imagine that - but we buttoned up about 1800 and Sophia, Norm and Sara were in good spirits, and determined to do better on the morrow.
Sunday
The forecast called for strong winds and afternoon rain squalls.  We reassembled at 0700 and were joined by Joe, Eric, and Jacob and Garrett, determined to shoot 240 and get a Distinguished patch.  That did not happen; I believe the high score was 233.  They finished the day more determined than ever to achieve that goal.

We finished with Eric and Norm taking orange hats.  We now have a presence (Norm) in Rock Springs and hopefully we can expand our program there.  Eric adds to our strong presence in Laramie.  Thank you both for stepping up.
Thanks to colonial shooter, SB sleepy, Jacob,  and Rex for instructing, coaching and making the event a successful one.
Thanks to Laramie Rifle Range Club and especially Joe, Jacob and Rex for hosting us.  A great range, folks, and well worth joining if you live nearby.
Thanks to the shooters;  you all progressed well; PERSIST and you will shoot Rifleman.  Special kudos to our ladies.  It warms my heart to see more females shooting - especially an 11 year old with her own AR.  She shot a 27 on her first AQT and an 80 on her next!  And our other lady who, even with arthritic fingers, kept plugging away and getting better and better.
You all make me proud to be an American and a member of Project Appleseed.

Oh, and the weather?  Well, the promised rain/snow did not hit us and the winds only hit a modest 60+ at 1600 hrs. according to signs on I-80.  Next time maybe we'll have some real weather...
  PLEASE POST PICTURES