News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

Regretful Farewell

Started by mr6actual, July 25, 2019, 10:51:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mr6actual

:-\
It saddens me to have to give this news, but I am unfortunately leaving the beautiful state of Virginia behind with its great history of nations events but also a great group of people I have had the pleasure of knowing since becoming an orange hat. You all have had a positive impact on me in one way or another and I will truly miss participating in the events with such a great crew.

My wife and daughter will be staying behind to finish her 8th grade year before joining me in the Hot but not humid climate, (Riflemen Persist... and perspire), and I will also be back a few times a year since my employer is headquartered here. I am hoping to still be able to participate in the events when I am in town.

The move was spurred by my company's desire to relocate me to Arizona and manage the office there in Scottsdale. I was hoping I could appeal to all powers that be to be added to the AZ forum in hopes of continuing with this great program on my way to eventually becoming a Shoot Boos and possibly a State Coordinator wherever I end up at that time. I am not sure how to do so or to whom I should reach out to, so any insight would be much appreciated.

I have enjoyed getting to know each and every one of you and hope I will see you again in the future and when those Arizonians ask me about my Winterseed Patch, I will think fondly of the great instructor core of Virginia.
"For all your days prepare and meet them ever alike. When you are the anvil, bear, when you are the hammer, strike! (Edwin Markham) 
"To preserve liberty, it is essential that the whole body of people always possess arms, and be taught alike especially when young, how to use them." Richard Henry Lee 1788

Monkey

Quote from: mr6actual on July 25, 2019, 10:51:51 PM
:-\
It saddens me to have to give this news, but I am unfortunately leaving the beautiful state of Virginia behind with its great history of nations events but also a great group of people I have had the pleasure of knowing since becoming an orange hat. You all have had a positive impact on me in one way or another and I will truly miss participating in the events with such a great crew.

My wife and daughter will be staying behind to finish her 8th grade year before joining me in the Hot but not humid climate, (Riflemen Persist... and perspire), and I will also be back a few times a year since my employer is headquartered here. I am hoping to still be able to participate in the events when I am in town.

The move was spurred by my company's desire to relocate me to Arizona and manage the office there in Scottsdale. I was hoping I could appeal to all powers that be to be added to the AZ forum in hopes of continuing with this great program on my way to eventually becoming a Shoot Boos and possibly a State Coordinator wherever I end up at that time. I am not sure how to do so or to whom I should reach out to, so any insight would be much appreciated.

I have enjoyed getting to know each and every one of you and hope I will see you again in the future and when those Arizonians ask me about my Winterseed Patch, I will think fondly of the great instructor core of Virginia.

Brother, we're gonna miss you.  Do what you need to do for your family.  You'll always be welcome in the Commonwealth.

AZ has a great program.  I'll shoot a note to the board moderator.
"5 minutes for this stage - that's like a week in people years!"

"Responsibility is a unique concept... You may share it with others, but your portion is not diminished. You may delegate it, but it is still with you... If responsibility is rightfully yours, no evasion, or ignorance or passing the blame can shift the burden to someone else. Unless you can point your finger at the man who is responsible when something goes wrong, then you have never had anyone really responsible."
― Hyman G. Rickover

"Scoring is a function of great execution, and winning Is the result, but thinking about winning can pull your focus off of proper execution in a competition. Thinking about process is the answer."- Lanny Bassham

colonial shooter

Mr6A, have no fear there is a program going on in AZ, and I am confident they will be able to put you to work and help you obtain your goals. Leaving the Old Dominion and moving west, might be a culture shock , but survivable. I did it in 2007 and am still kickin'. Let us know how we can make the adjustment easier. Both for you and the family you are leaving in the East.

Sam
"When the government fears the people there is liberty; when the people fear the government there is tyranny." --Thomas Jefferson

Only the dead have seen the end of war
Plato

"Those who cannot remember the past are condemned to repeat it." - George Santayana

The Wolfhound

Someone will have to finish what we started.  You will do well where ever you go.  Apply your enthusiasm in a drier climate.  Maybe your visits home will be Appleseed weekends >:D >:D >:D >:D

Jerry Hall

mr6,
Feel free to contact Ghostring(Jim) the Southwest Regional Coordinator. I'm sure he will be happy to have you joining the AZ cadre and will point you in the right direction.
Jim is also a very open and valuable resource

Happy Trails,
Jerry
"The significant problems we face today cannot be solved with the same level of thinking that we were at when we created them. Albert Einstein."

"One Nation under God, indivisible, with liberty and justice for all."

Maximum Ordinate

6A,

Thank you for your continued dedication to the program, even during turbulent times like moving your family across the country.

You now have access to the AZ instructor board.

Good luck in your move!

best,
MO
"... the most valuable of all talents, that of never using two words where one will do."
-Thomas Jefferson

We're in the Liberty business.  Stay on Mission - Stay on Message.

Want to be a more effective Instructor?  Visit Appleseed Academy.

BrotherPilot

Enjoy AZ!  Gunsite is just down the road....   We'll miss you in VA though. Come back and visit!
Jay
VA State Coordinator
"It does not take a majority to prevail ... but rather an irate, tireless minority, keen on setting brushfires of freedom in the minds of men."  ―Samuel Adams

Aurelian

Mr6A, We're all going to miss you!!! Good luck in AZ and get involved!
"A vote is like a rifle; its usefulness depends upon the character of the user." - Theodore Roosevelt

misawa

I am glad to have gotten to know you and your family during your time in the Commonwealth.  Godspeed on your journey.