News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

AAR Roswell, NM Apr 13-14

Started by oladcock, April 16, 2019, 03:39:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

oladcock

What a great weekend with 14 fine Americans. Saturday was damp, chilly, and breezy but Sunday made up for it rising into the 80's. As the fundamentals were taught, it was obvious we had some that knew very well what they were about. After running the Memorial volley and covering transitions, we got 1 AQT in Saturday afternoon and Chris turned in a 214 on his first AQT! Huzza Chris! He indicated an interest in taking the seventh step and taking a hat. A couple more Rifleman scores and another Seed we'll put him to work! Sunday dawned clear and chilly, worked the IIT's hard on the steady hold factors, review behind us we started hammering out Rifleman on the anvil of the AQT. Joel handed in an impressive 235 and Joel handed us two or three more that was 230+, very impressive Joel! This was Joel's second Seed so his arm is being twisted to take the Orange hat. Poor Tristen, this fine young man was attending his second Seed. He was knocking at door last time and Sunday afternoon he turned in two, 209's back to back with time left for one more AQT and didn't quite get there, no doubt he will next time around. Wyatt is knocking on the door as well!

We had the pleasure of 2 border raiders, "Sleepy" from Wyoming and "Slothman" from Wisconsin. It was a pleasure working with you guys and I picked up some tips to make New Mexico's program better. You are welcome anytime. And last but not least "RJ.Mouse" was worked to death both days and earned his Red Hat! Good job Ron and HUZZA! Thank you students and instructors, you made my job easy.... (photo's to come)
"The price good men pay for indifference to public affairs is to be ruled by evil men." Plato 400BC

President Roswell Gun Club
AQT 246
WSMR 03-10 ... Sapper Steel
IBC 2018
KD Ft. Bliss Tx. 214  2019
IBC 2021

Roswell, NM
Carlsbad NM
El Paso Tx
Lubbock Tx
New Deal Tx
Levelland Tx
Alamogordo NM
Alburquerque NM
41 Lead Farm Tx

oladcock

Chris with a 214 on his first AQT!
"The price good men pay for indifference to public affairs is to be ruled by evil men." Plato 400BC

AQT 246
IBC 2018
IBC 2021

Roswell, NM
Carlsbad NM
El Paso Tx
Lubbock Tx
New Deal Tx
Levelland Tx
Alamogordo NM
Alburquerque NM
41 Lead Farm Tx

Chris Broesamle

What a great weekend learning with like minded people. And I was able to pull it together my first AQT to get Rifleman. Looking forward to my next one which I hope to have on our campus at NMMI. Thank you to all the instructors for this learning opportunity.

JoelChitwood

Wanted to say "Thank you" for such great training and instruction...both on the firing line and telling the stories of our nations' heritage as marksman and riflemen...the patriots who founded our great nation.  Again...thank you!  -Joel Chitwood

Jerry Hall

Congratulations All Y'all fine Appleseeders for steppin up and out to support our history and heritage.
Hope to meet some of Y'all on the Appleseed Trail.
Also, Congratulations Ron, on performing the duties of a Rifleman Instructor to standards!!!
Happy Trails,
Jerry 
"The significant problems we face today cannot be solved with the same level of thinking that we were at when we created them. Albert Einstein."

"One Nation under God, indivisible, with liberty and justice for all."

Slothman

Thanks to all the students that came out this weekend!  What a great cold, rainy, cloudy, sunny, and hot weekend for an Appleseed.  ;D
I had a great time working with everybody.  Congrats to Chris and Joel on their Riflemen patches, and congrats to Tristan on consistent high scoring! ONE MEASLY POINT!  :wb:

Chris, looking forward to you taking the mantle of the Orange Hat! 

Joel - here's another nudge to consider instructing!  We could use you!

Congrats to Ron on being promoted to Instructor!  You did a great job all weekend and it was well deserved.

It was a pleasure to meet and work with the "Roswell crew."  I hope to see you all again on the AS trail.

Shooters!  Remember what you learned this weekend.  Practice gaining NPOA & NPOA shifts at home while dry firing and you'll get to Rifleman in no time.  But most importantly, remember the stories of our heritage that you heard this weekend, and what our forebears sacrificed to gain us.  Don't throw away their sacrifices to the garbage dump of complacency - get involved in local politics! You can make a difference!

Jeff

Pics!

2015-06-06 - Appleseed 1 / Rifleman - Eagle/McMiller, WI
2016-04-16 - Appleseed 2 / IIT - Lodi, WI
2017-08-27 - "Red Hat" Instructor - Monroe, WI

oladcock

RJ.Mouse... Well deserved!

AQT 246
IBC 2018
IBC 2021

Roswell, NM
Carlsbad NM
El Paso Tx
Lubbock Tx
New Deal Tx
Levelland Tx
Alamogordo NM
Alburquerque NM
41 Lead Farm Tx

Slothman

Oh no!  Looks like I missed a few!  3 more:

2015-06-06 - Appleseed 1 / Rifleman - Eagle/McMiller, WI
2016-04-16 - Appleseed 2 / IIT - Lodi, WI
2017-08-27 - "Red Hat" Instructor - Monroe, WI

sleepy

What a fun shoot! I'd been looking for the opportunity to come down and visit; hadn't had the chance in years since my second Appleseed.

Not only did I get to see some familiar, friendly faces, but I had the privilege of seeing one of those faces, Ron, get his red hat! And boy, did he earn it! Others I remembered from 2016 were still working on their shooting skills...always good to see.

I made some new friends while working the line. Some were coaching, some qualifying, others on the edge, and others working on their skills. A rifleman perseveres.

O.L. allowed me some opportunities to assist which illuminated some of my shortcomings nicely; always a good thing at the start of a season. My first Roswell shoot taught me some keepers, and likewise with this one.

And old home week didn't end with the shoot. While fueling in Alamogordo, who should drive up but Hot Air Balloon Bill! Seems he's arranged for a shoot locally, so anyone potentially available to help near Alamogordo please make yourself known to Bill.