News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

Palm Bay FL, March 30-31, 2019 First pistol class!

Started by malabar, April 04, 2019, 08:44:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

malabar

The inaugural train-the-trainers session for the new Appleseed Pistol Clinic took place this past weekend at Port Malabar Rifle and Pistol Club in Palm Bay, FL. Sixteen Appleseed instructors with extensive pistol experience from around the country converged on sunny Florida. Slowpoke wins the award for the furthest travel, all the way from Alaska.

NomadicHillbilly provided some fine instruction and coaching, and a lot of helpful tips for our new Appleseed Pistol Instructors.

The goal was not just to teach the course of fire, but to work out the details and see if they worked with a large group of shooters. Some did, some did not. We'll work on that.

We're going to change part of the COF, and we worked out some slightly different range commands.

We had some great times and good meals, and got a fine start on a program that we all hope will enable us to reach into new areas and new audiences.

tk
The Second Amendment is a doomsday provision, one designed for those exceptionally rare circumstances where all other rights have failed -- where the government refuses to stand for reelection and silences those who protest; where courts have lost the courage to oppose, or can find no one to enforce their decrees. However improbable these contingencies may seem today, facing them unprepared is a mistake a free people get to make only once.

-- Justice Alex Kozinski, US 9th Circuit Court, 2003

Maximum Ordinate

Tom,

On behalf of all our instructors... thank you so much for all the staggering amount of work you and NomadicHillbilly put into this.

It's a huge undertaking - an effort commensurate with the earliest days of Appleseed's Rifle program.

I'm proud of both of you guys.  I expect this is going to be an opportunity for us to share the message of Liberty to a whole new audience.   ^:)^

v/r
MO
"... the most valuable of all talents, that of never using two words where one will do."
-Thomas Jefferson

We're in the Liberty business.  Stay on Mission - Stay on Message.

Want to be a more effective Instructor?  Visit Appleseed Academy.

Lomshek

Looks like a great group of folks (but then that describes every 'seeder I've ever met)!

Really curious how this works out.  I'd have volunteered to be there but you can't be in two places at once.

10 year USPSA match director and RO.