News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

I strayed

Started by iballdriver, May 27, 2019, 05:18:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

iballdriver

Forgive me, Va. Istructor corps, for i have tasted the fruits of another.....
My work, family, and appleseed schedules finally came into alignment the Memorial Day weeekend and I was able to attend the KD Appleseed in Ramsuer.
Shot two  37 scores as my best, falling short of the minimum 40 for the rocker.
Fantastic instruction, wonderful facilities.
I will return. Gotta get that kd rocker.
Besides, a rifleman persists!
Be well and see y'all soon,
Brian

The Wolfhound

Going off to get what we cannot offer up here, does not cause offense.  But it would be better if you brought back that rocker...…
Just sayin'
>:D

Monkey

I wouldn't call it straying per se...the Virginia cadre has a strong working relationship with our NC brethren.

Plus KD with steel is always cool.

If you catch them on a day where they deploy their pop-up targets (like a Field Shoot day), it's even more fun.

Having watched you over the years, you are more than capable of completing the KD qualification, as well as a Distinguished designation. 

Want to get that KD rocker?  Dryfire, dryfire, dryfire - use the scaled targets on the forum (I'll send to you, if you'd like).  30 minutes a day, with focused practice. 

Looking forward to our paths crossing again, sir.

"5 minutes for this stage - that's like a week in people years!"

"Responsibility is a unique concept... You may share it with others, but your portion is not diminished. You may delegate it, but it is still with you... If responsibility is rightfully yours, no evasion, or ignorance or passing the blame can shift the burden to someone else. Unless you can point your finger at the man who is responsible when something goes wrong, then you have never had anyone really responsible."
― Hyman G. Rickover

"Scoring is a function of great execution, and winning Is the result, but thinking about winning can pull your focus off of proper execution in a competition. Thinking about process is the answer."- Lanny Bassham

PHenry

Ramseur is the home range for the program - the "Mecca" of Appleseeds if you will and going there is not straying at'll. I read Fred's articles in Shotgun News (now Firearms News) back in 2005. In 2006 he began speaking of events and I longed to attend, but had so many excellent excuses for not going - too far, too long, too busy, etc. I finally to run a RBC at Rams - the closest I will ever git I suppose. I've been I  think four  times now and it is always a treat to go to the place where it all started. I highly recommend it for thems who have not been.

Look at the backers with RBC scores dating back many years with many storied names - some long gone, but some still around. Great stuff for sure. Every once in a while Fred hissself even makes a cameo.

O0
Para ser Libre, un Hombre debe tener tres cosas. La Tierra, una Educacion, y un Fusil. Siempre, un Fusil!  Emiliano Zapata

iballdriver

Quote from: Monkey on May 28, 2019, 11:44:19 AM
I wouldn't call it straying per se...the Virginia cadre has a strong working relationship with our NC brethren.

Plus KD with steel is always cool.

If you catch them on a day where they deploy their pop-up targets (like a Field Shoot day), it's even more fun.

Having watched you over the years, you are more than capable of completing the KD qualification, as well as a Distinguished designation. 

Want to get that KD rocker?  Dryfire, dryfire, dryfire - use the scaled targets on the forum (I'll send to you, if you'd like).  30 minutes a day, with focused practice. 

Looking forward to our paths crossing again, sir.

Fyi, i went ahead and signed up for the ramseur kd in october. Gotta get home commander's approval and that will be decided on weekend events on the family calendar.
I went into the weekend exhausted from work 9 days away from home, lack of sleep, very little trigger time. I was in a mental fog for the better half of day 1, then played mental catch up there after. Heat took its toll on me as well. Second time behind my new scope and was learning holdovers with it. For now, the plan i am formulating is work on standing 100 yd with the kd targets, using the 300 yd range at my club, and sitting position at 100 yds. 200-yd is not available. Yet. I plan to leave the rifle set at 300 yd battle zero and get as much trigger time as i can in that configuration.
Looking forward to seeing all again.
:)
*colonial bow*