News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

Hyannis, MA - March 23 2019

Started by lupis42, March 24, 2019, 06:51:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

lupis42

It felt inappropriately luxurious to show up for an Appleseed in New England, in March, with snow falling, without needing layers of cold weather gear, thermos of warm liquids, etc.  Fortunately, we got over quickly, and settled into the remarkable and impressive facility at Cape Gun Works.  From the outset, it was clear that this was not a group of novices, so we worked them hard. 
Between the indoor range and the classroom, we were always moving, and thanks to the attentiveness of our shooters, we were able to get through everything in good order, with enough time for a full baker's dozen AQTs over the course of the afternoon.

Special congratulations to our Rifleman and our Distinguished rifleman, just 5 more points to go on that 250.
You can never be too rich, too good looking, or too well armed.

lupis42

:pics:
You can never be too rich, too good looking, or too well armed.

Round Trip

I agree Lupis42.   No blowing sand, rain or snow, lightning, streams of water, floating mats or blistering sun.  It was odd and good to be in a first rate indoor firearm range and work the basics with a pretty high AQT shoot count and American heritage.  Thanks for posting the pictures, I cannot get them posted no matter how I configure them more recently.
Americans need to face the truth about themselves, no matter how pleasant it is.   Jeane Kirkpatrick

JMurrayVT

I had a great time and I think the instructors did an amazing job creating a very effective 1-day Appleseed.
V/r,

JMurrayVT