News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

Red Bluff,CA AAR March 16-17

Started by NorCal22Gal, March 22, 2019, 12:24:47 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

NorCal22Gal

Spring weather, 5 awesome Americans all add up to a wonderful Red Bluff, CA  event!!

Saturday, we had to do some schedule rearranging due to a competition that went overlong.  17 competitors for a 1000 yd match...awesome Tehama Shooters Association!!

While we waited, we did the safety briefing and actually all of the history!  We didn't start the Red Coats until about 11.  Made for an interesting and short day, but it was still a great day.  The students were understanding and patient while we waited for the match to finish, then they dove head first in to the instruction. 

We finished most of the instruction, did some clean up and headed out for the day.

Sunday was just as gorgeous as Saturday weather-wise. 

We started out first thing with a review of the safety and the Red Coat.  The we reviewed the instruction from the day before and added in the few parts we didn't get to on Saturday.  Everyone was really starting to get a hold of the instruction. 

We got in a few AQT's in the afternoon.  Roger was making great progress until a malfunction on his rifle late in the day caused him to need to pull out. Everyone was a bit tired at that point so we called it a day.  Final Red Coat.  Cleaned up and the first (for me) Appleseed is in the books.

Thank you, Roger, Karen, Skip, Eileen, & Lyle for making this a wonderful weekend.  Thank you also for helping us clean up and put things back where they belonged.

Thank you to my instructors for a wonderful weekend.  You were awesome!!

The books we spoke about:

Paul Revere's Ride  by David Hackett-Fischer
Washington's Crossing by David Hackett-Fischer
Suggestions to Military Riflemen by Townsend Whealan (not sure I spelled that correctly)

lyle

My first Appleseed.  Yay!  ^:)^

Thank you, Thank you, to all the instructors.  Warm, supportive, and virtually one-on-one attention.

I'll be practicing, and surely be back for more.

...Lyle

NorCal22Gal

It was great to meet you Lyle!!  You put in a lot of hard work.  Look forward to seeing you again.